Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blue rocket

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
I was really bummed to find out the Sandstone case that OnePlus released was only offered for the 6 and 6S. I really did love the feel of the OnePlus devices and would love to have a similar feeling case on my 6S Plus.

I've been working on this case ever since... hoping to have them in a week or so and will be offering them for $12, no lame android-company logo on the back either -- just some fun branding on the inside of the case! Here's a quick preview, will post more when the cases are finished and I am able to offer them for 6/6S Plus owners!

image.jpg

Dizzle88

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2008
Will you be offering these for the 6/6s as well or will you be pulling a reverse OnePlus on us 6s owners? Lol :p

vamerop

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2016
Any pictures of the front of the phone showing? Is there any dust/lint build up when pulling in/out a pocket?

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Think I might want to pick one of these up since no one makes a grip tape like skin for the 6 series.

blue rocket

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
Any pictures of the front of the phone showing? Is there any dust/lint build up when pulling in/out a pocket?

here's a few pics I just snapped... i haven't had any lint issues at all since i've been using it, nothing at all like the Apple Silicone case or even the Apple Leather case. It has a slight lip for lay on the table, but it's so tight fitting that lint doesn't seem to be an issue at all!:cool:

grfxp_softgrip_iphone_case_oneplus_sandstone_isandstone_case.jpg

grfxp_softgrip_iphone_case_oneplus_sandstone_isandstone_case1.jpg

grfxp_softgrip_iphone_case_oneplus_sandstone_isandstone_case2.jpg

grfxp_softgrip_iphone_case_oneplus_sandstone_isandstone_case3.jpg

grfxp_softgrip_iphone_case_oneplus_sandstone_isandstone_case4.jpg

Wheel_D

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2016
Hello -

It wouldn't have much impact protection, eh?

As a person with a physical disability, I'm keenly interested in a thin, "grippy" case, but I need one that protects from frequent falls.

Kind regards,
Brian

blue rocket

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
Hello -

It wouldn't have much impact protection, eh?

As a person with a physical disability, I'm keenly interested in a thin, "grippy" case, but I need one that protects from frequent falls.

Kind regards,
Brian

For your situation you'd probably want a case like the Candyshell Grip, while this case will protect from little drops and bumps, it doesn't offer the same level of protection that mil-spec cases do.

Wheel_D

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2016
Yes, I'm considering the Evutec Karbon SI, which is made from Kevlar. Still, the Evutec is probably less grippy than the Softgrip.

blue rocket

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
CT, USA
Yes, I'm considering the Evutec Karbon SI, which is made from Kevlar. Still, the Evutec is probably less grippy than the Softgrip.

I've owned that case, it's super nice but not all that grippy. Good protection and probably one of the nicer made cases I've ever used.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
So far so good. Texture is nice and the no branding is a definite nice touch.
I agree, the texture is exactly what I was looking for and the case is thin and minimal enough that I'm fine that I couldn't find a skin with the same texture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.