Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M.Rizk

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2015
Horrible? Will this MBP fiasco ever end?

Or is it just gonna keep getting worse and worse?

Worse and worse.

Current list of issues:
- Throttling in Bootcamp. Yes, Apple’s patch only fixed it on High Sierra and Mojave. No Bootcamp patch yet.
- Speakers Crackling
- Bridge OS Kernel Panic (MacRumor posted an article about it last week and it is still not fixed by Apple)

That’s all within a 30 days time frame. Imagine what could come out later. We don’t even know if the keyboard condom is an actual fix or not.

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
Most people didn’t, but it’s showing that you can purchase a model that cost the price quoted
Don't lose time, there are 3 type of people, those who hate anything Apple does and criticize it, those who love it no matter what and will tell you it is the user fault, and then there are smart people who like what there is to like and criticize what is to be criticized (and pretend what they paid for), the 3rd group makes too much sense for the others 2 to understand :)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
The price has to do with it because when you’re purchasing a expensive product you think they’d spend more than 5 seconds to make sure it works properly

Hyperbole. All of Apples products are expensive. Point is, I could make the counter argument about other tech products experience issues that cost XYZ and make it a bigger deal than what it is. You don’t need to exacerbate your post by adding “Five seconds of testing”, when you yourself have no idea what kind of testing went into the MacBook Pro.

YaBe

Cancelled
Oct 5, 2017
Not everyone is experiencing that “Issue.”
If everyone was experiencing it, it would not be an issue but a disaster :)

An issue is not something happening to everyone, just saying...

Sometimes I wonder what would make Apple Fanboys complain, if there is anything Apple could ever do wrong to their eyes, and to think I was one of those "evangelist", thank God I grew up :D

Suspended
Oct 2, 2016
"It just works!"
tim-money-cultcast-780x495.jpg

It’s been ridiculous the amount of issues with the latest Macbook Pros. These are the type of things that shouldn’t have passed their Quality Control.

Last edited by a moderator:

CreeptoLoser

Suspended
Jul 28, 2018
Birmingham, Alabama
It's happening randomly at certain frequencies. Mostly appears in volume controls.

Don't test with this song because it crackles like **** on any sound system since the 90s ;D

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
Yes, this can probably be fixed with a software update, but why should there have to be 1000x patches for a $6000 computer to perform like it should?

———

You think people would be a little confused or upset about new issues arising, but I guess not

Ask anyone that uses pretty much any computer ever designed the same question. Bugs and the like aren't specific to Apple or any other manufacturer.

mmomega

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2009
DFW, TX
when you say "some" is that like...... every 3 or 4 out of every 10? Every 1 out of 10? Every 1 out of 1,000? 1 out of 10,000? 1 out of 100,000?

****, my ridiculously expensive SUV with an equally ridiculously expensive stereo makes some weird ass cracking on very specific songs too.

The total time it takes to drive to the dealership and then to have them do a replacement far exceeds my give a damn and willingness to even do it.
I know which songs cause it, they are not ones I listen to that often, I have removed those songs from my playlist forever.

So until this affects actual music I listen to on a daily basis, may the crackle live on. In silence...

Last edited:
Reactions: NetMage

Peperino

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2016
For the price you pay for a Macbook Pro, you want non crackling speakers?
That will be an upgrade...

TechZeke

macrumors 68020
Jul 29, 2012
Dallas, TX
The price has to do with it because when you’re purchasing a expensive product you think they’d spend more than 5 seconds to make sure it works properly

Exactly. $500 Inspiron? No one would probably care. If I'm paying what Apple is charging for the Touch Bar models? I expect damn near perfection. That's the whole point of paying the price premium.

johannnn

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2009
Sweden
I’ve played with +10 MBP2018 models, and neither have this issue. For people that complain that Apple should “have spent more than 5 seconds” doing quality control, how many million of computers should Apple bother to produce just for internal testing? Clearly very few machines are affected. Just head into an AppleStore and get it replaced.

And no, computers were not free of errors when Steve ran the company.

lambertjohn

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2012
that's not crackling, as you would hear with a blown speaker, that's some sort of electrical interference. I don't think a software patch is going to fix this problem. I predict a recall sometime in the future.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I’ve played with +10 MBP2018 models, and neither have this issue. For people that complain that Apple should “have spent more than 5 seconds” doing quality control, how many million of computers should Apple bother to produce just for internal testing? Clearly very few machines are affected. Just head into an AppleStore and get it replaced.

And no, computers were not free of errors when Steve ran the company.

I have no idea what you are talking about. . . . The top of the superdrive bezel and the paint on my TiBook *never* cracked / flaked. :rolleyes:

/s

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
Worse and worse.

Current list of issues:
- Throttling in Bootcamp. Yes, Apple’s patch only fixed it on High Sierra and Mojave. No Bootcamp patch yet.
- Speakers Crackling
- Bridge OS Kernel Panic (MacRumor posted an article about it last week and it is still not fixed by Apple)

That’s all within a 30 days time frame. Imagine what could come out later. We don’t even know if the keyboard condom is an actual fix or not.
It'll all get fixed and be part of the past soon. But in the mean time have fun.

Reactions: s15119
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.