Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
I've bought and sold many a things on Fred Miranda over the past 5-6 years. I just sold my 40D there, bought a 17-40L on there and sold my 50mm MKI a few weeks back, plus various other things.

I would rather buy there than on eBay.

funkboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2008
elsewhere
The main point of my post was to point out that there's really not a lot of difference between 7D and, say, a 1DIIn as far as the main "pro" features are concerned, and that the 7D is newer & more practical.

if you're talking about HTP/ALO, that's just Jpeg processing, so only important if the OP uses Jpeg.

Have you ever used HTP? I leave it on all the time as testing has shown that it clearly saves me a stop worth of blown highlights in RAW. Basically it exposes the hottest stop at half the ISO of the rest of the image.

the 1Ds is still supported. I think the OP would have moved on by the time the Mark IIs aren't...

Not with the new Euro CPS program as of April this year. My 10D and a friend's original 1Ds dropped off the list, along with a few of the less expensive lenses like the 85 f/1.8. The OP's 30D has been dropped as well. The list of currently qualifying products is here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.