Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danorak81

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2013
UK
I don't know about anyone else, but Sync is still broken. I'm on Sonoma 14.4.1, and iOS Beta 17.4.1, and Photo's now don't Sync correctly.

The phone completes its Sync and backup process properly, but the manually selected photo albums now don't all Sync correctly. Most of my selected albums have between 40 and 100 images, albums are now only partially Syncing-some with as a few as 7 photos. I've removed the option to Sync photos, I've created new albums within Photos and synced those, all behave the same way.

Anyone else have this issue?

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
It seems that 17.5.1 has triggered a regression of this bug for me. Anyone else?

17.4 was fixed. Skipped 17.5, so I don't know if it was affected.

Uncertain whether WatchOS version may play a role; it affected 8.8.1 for me previously, and now 10.5 on a new watch. 10.4 seemed to be fine.

Same solution -- turning off the Watch, or killing the MDCrashReportTool process permits the sync to proceed as normal.

:rolleyes:

Bill Av

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2006
It seems that 17.5.1 has triggered a regression of this bug for me. Anyone else?

17.4 was fixed. Skipped 17.5, so I don't know if it was affected.

Uncertain whether WatchOS version may play a role; it affected 8.8.1 for me previously, and now 10.5 on a new watch. 10.4 seemed to be fine.

Same solution -- turning off the Watch, or killing the MDCrashReportTool process permits the sync to proceed as normal.

:rolleyes:
No for me. I'm still good

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Did a sync this AM on my phone, 17.5.1, Mini 13, no problems.

10.5 on my Watch.

TheIntruder

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2008
No for me. I'm still good

Yeah, it's odd.

I updated both devices late Monday, and no issues until today's attempt. I sync almost daily as part of a routine.

It may or may not be coincidence that my phone coughed up the digital equivalent of a fur ball yesterday, in the form of a compressed diagnostic log dossier to the tune of a couple hundred megabytes, unprompted. I looked through the contents and it's the sort of thing a tech, or dev might use to get a comprehensive read on the state of a device.

Usually, it's the just innocuous logs about Siri, wi-fi, and jetsam events, but for whatever reason, it left that "present" after yesterday's sync. I have all the diagnostic, and feedback telemetry sharing turned off.

Just now, I rebooted the phone, tried it again, and it synced fine.

I guess whatever condition that caused the problem under earlier versions is latent, and can still trigger the issue under a set of unknown circumstances.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.