Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
Falcao scored 3 goals today for Monaco (french league), getting back to form for sure.
Monaco is currently in first place in the standings #ElTigreIsBack

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
2-2 draw at Anfield. Not a bad result for us. Yes a win would have been super handy, but a draw gets us out of the bottom three.
Not many teams will get a win at Liverpool this season.

Reactions: JamesMike

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
MLS Cup - one of my least favorite teams won it, and once again it had to be decided on penalties, which is lame, so I have nothing to say.

2-2 draw at Anfield. Not a bad result for us. Yes a win would
have been super handy, but a draw gets us out of the bottom three.
Not many teams will get a win at Liverpool this season.

Two extremely disappointing results for Liverpool in the last two weeks. West Ham are a good team but they are currently playing well below the level they were at last year, and to leak two goals to them and lose at Anfield is embarrassing. To be fair, Payet's goal was a great free kick, but that doesn't excuse the result.

Liverpool continue to score enough goals to win just about every match they play, but are allowing too many goals against. Bournemouth are going nowhere this season and yet Liverpool let them score four last week. Karius is going to come under extreme pressure but whole team is at fault for conceding possession and failing to win it back.

No disrespect to either opponent but if Liverpool are to be considered title contenders, these should have been routine wins.

Man Utd are quietly regaining an even keel of sorts- the football is boring and bears absolutely no resemblance to the supposed "Manchester United Way", but they are difficult to beat and given the inconsistency happening at the top of the table that could be enough to keep Moaninho's men in contention.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well Liverpool did snatch a draw at the end, thereby depriving West Ham of the three points they had hoped to feast on which would have served to have given them a bit of a cushion at the bottom.

Besides, Liverpool are still third, and still find themselves ahead of Manchester City, who have just had two woeful results.

Re Manchester United, their whinging and sense of entitlement will not endear them to many, and their statistics do not inspire a huge amount of confidence.

Excellent results for Arsenal and Chelsea, the latter with nine consecutive wins, a very impressive sequence of results.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I was surprised that Man U got the win.

Not the only one. I'll be sure to give my Spurs colleague a bit of stick in the morning.

I was't surprised at the result. Spurs' offense has been inconsistent this season, and Man Utd, despite their many issues, remain a defensively solid team. This was always going to be a low-scoring match, and in such cases the Mourinho team always has the advantage. I don't think he's ever happier than after a dull 1-0 win.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Can this be the new crying Jordan face please? Good game.

CzczDvEW8AAXDnM.jpg

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
This is a soccer thread; there are at least two or three others - other threads, that is - that discuss the various American competitions, none of which - as it happens - I know the slightest thing about, not least the different between them.

Yeah I know, I just saw football and automatically thought NFL, lol. Oh well.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Leicester got perhaps the best draw they could have expected in the Champions League. Arsenal...oh, Arsenal. The draw really is rigged against them every year.

Arsenal finally win their group - and get drawn against Bayern. Real Madrid fail to win their group and draw Napoli.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
UCL Draw

Manchester City v Monaco
Real Madrid v Napoli
Benfica v Borussia Dortmund
Bayern Munich v Arsenal
Porto v Juventus
Bayer Leverkusen v Atletico Madrid
Paris Saint-Germain v Barcelona
Sevilla v Leicester City

Both City teams catch a break, Arsenal meanwhile...don't. Again. Even if they finished second they would've been shafted still.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Leicester got perhaps the best draw they could have expected in the Champions League. Arsenal...oh, Arsenal. The draw really is rigged against them every year.

Arsenal finally win their group - and get drawn against Bayern. Real Madrid fail to win their group and draw Napoli.

UCL Draw

Both City teams catch a break, Arsenal meanwhile...don't. Again. Even if they finished second they would've been shafted still.

Yeah, that is what some Arsenal fans think, too.

Never mind.

Domestically, they are doing very nicely at the moment, and the tired "Has Wenger outlived his usefulness?" nonsense seems to have abated, of the time being, at least. (I'm in the camp that holds Mr Wenger in very high esteem).

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Bayern are top of the league again, but Red Bull (let's call them what they are) are tied on points. If Arsenal were to knock Bayern out of Europe, they could find themselfs in quite a fight to salvage the season with a league title.

Hard to pick a favorite there - the arrogant wealthy bully (Bayern) against the soulless corporate shill (RBL).

EDIT: My Arsenal-supporting office mate has been ribbing me about Liverpool's recent form. He's quiet now. If Liverpool can win tomorrow they'll be tied on points with the Gunners.

Another loss for Leicester in the league and suddenly Bournemouth are flying.

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Bayern are top of the league again, but Red Bull (let's call them what they are) are tied on points. If Arsenal were to knock Bayern out of Europe, they could find themselfs in quite a fight to salvage the season with a league title.

Hard to pick a favorite there - the arrogant wealthy bully (Bayern) against the soulless corporate shill (RBL).

EDIT: My Arsenal-supporting office mate has been ribbing me about Liverpool's recent form. He's quiet now. If Liverpool can win tomorrow they'll be tied on points with the Gunners.

Another loss for Leicester in the league and suddenly Bournemouth are flying.

it pains me to do that though...
[doublepost=1481713794][/doublepost]and... WEDNESDAY WIN!!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Yes, Leicester lose, but Bournemouth are very lively and good luck to them. They fully deserve their current place, (tucked in just behind Everton and Manchester United).

Oooops. Arsenal. Just when things are beginning to look somewhat stable, settled, - I won't say 'safe', but that sense of 'safety' when you feel you can forget about gnawing fingernails before sneaking a peek at a result, Arsenal revert to being a bit, un, brittle.

Yes, but well played Everton.

Reactions: pachyderm
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.