Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

circatee

Contributor
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Once again, I felt we bottled it. ALL Premier League teams had an international break. So, no excuse for Arsenal. Maybe they just get bamboozled by Mourinho, on sight. Come May, we'll be asking why we lost the league and it will be because of games like this.

We must take these chances...

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Once again, I felt we bottled it. ALL Premier League teams had an international break. So, no excuse for Arsenal. Maybe they just get bamboozled by Mourinho, on sight. Come May, we'll be asking why we lost the league and it will be because of games like this.

We must take these chances...

Candidly, - all things considered - I rather think that Arsenal did well to snatch a point from this encounter.

This was three points that Manchester United let slip - the barely suppressed rage and frustration clear in Mr Mourinho's body language at the end spoke volumes, especially when contrasted with the loose relief that seems to have surged though Mr Wenger.

Yes, it would have been nice had Arsenal won; they were never likely to do so, and could well have lost.

The positive aspect of this is that Arsenal are becoming very hard to beat - and that is no bad thing, and neither is snatching an equaliser in the dying minutes of a game against a long standing rival who had thought he had you beaten.

Arsenal showed resilience, and tenacity, both welcome attributes.

Last edited:
Reactions: circatee

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Gutted. So nearly a win, then a draw, then a lose against Spurs.

A sending off for two bookings in injury time won't help us next time out either.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Gutted. So nearly a win, then a draw, then a lose against Spurs.

A sending off for two bookings in injury time won't help us next time out either.

When you posted in the other thread, (at a time - close to the end, admittedly, - when West Ham were leading), I did think of posting that Spurs are hard to beat, but held off, as you are a West Ham supporter.

I must admit that I was fairly certain that Spurs would have pulled off a draw.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
When you posted in the other thread, (at a time - close to the end, admittedly, - when West Ham were leading), I did think of posting that Spurs are hard to beat, but held off, as you are a West Ham supporter.

I must admit that I was fairly certain that Spurs would have pulled off a draw.
They certainly are hard to beat for us. We don't do well against them.
But to be 2-1 up with 13 minutes to go and to lose is so typical of West Ham.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
They certainly are hard to beat for us. We don't do well against them.
But to be 2-1 up with 13 minutes to go and to lose is so typical of West Ham.

Well, to be honest, I would have been surprised if West Ham had actually won; I checked in not long before the equaliser, and I expected Spurs to pull one back - they are an excellent side.

Reactions: pachyderm

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Not a big surprise. However, if Arena returns as USMNT coach (as is currently rumored), how is this not a return to the the state of things a decade ago? He is possibly the most experienced American coach out there, and (since we've fired Klinsmann) represents perhaps the best short-term appointment in terms of finding an American manager that can deliver World Cup qualification. However, I don't see how he represents a way forward for the USMT. MLS is still not at a level where it can serve as an incubator for tournament-winning coaches.

Many Klinsmann-haters want to see young MLS coaches getting the US job - but I doubt any are ready for that.

Last edited:

Centaurr

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2015
Florida
Bruce Arena is now offcially the new head coach for USA, this World cup coming up just got more interesting. USA & Colombia are my fav World cup teams...

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Bruce Arena is now offcially the new head coach for USA, this World cup coming up just got more interesting. USA & Colombia are my fav World cup teams...

arena is only interim. thank god.

firing klinsman was a mistake, imho. we aren't that good right now no matter who our coach is.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
I see the great Liverpool player Steven Gerrard has retired.

Man Utd 1-0 Feyenoord, Rooney gets a goal moving him closer to Sir Bobby.

Man U gets two more goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: pachyderm

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I see the great Liverpool player Steven Gerrard has retired.

Man Utd 1-0 Feyenoord, Rooney gets a goal moving him closer to Sir Bobby.

Man U gets two more goals.

I always liked Steven Gerrard, a genuinely great player, and an intelligent and impressive human being whose insistence on modelling qualities such as integrity and loyalty only added to the respect he is quite rightly held in across the game.

A good performance and a solid victory from Manchester United.

Last edited:

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Klopp will be pleased that Liverpool were able to break down an unapologetically bus-parking Sunderland, but now we wait anxiously to find out about Phil Coutinho's injury - with Lallana and Sturridge both injured we are looking thinner in the attacking department, though Origi stepped up and played well today.

Liverpool still prefer opponents that come at them, even though they are more likely to leak a goal that way. But 4-1 wins are better than 2-0 wins in terms of spectacle and goal difference. Still, three points gained today against an opponent Liverpool were expected to beat.

Chelsea are on a roll, at the moment they look the best team in the league though Liverpool and Man City are very close behind.

Swansea v Crystal Palace somehow produced 9 goals! Pardew is in deep trouble now...conversely, this was a big win for Bradley.

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Nice victory for Arsenal (3-1 against Bournemouth), keeping them at the outer rim of the top four, a welcome win after a few draws.

Checked on the Manchester United and West Ham match to find West Ham leading 1-0; crikey.

Ah, Manchester United have just equalised, in the twenty-first minute.

Reactions: JamesMike
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.