Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Chelsea women lose to Liverpool which puts the nail on their title race

Hayes's final season with Chelsea has now completely unravelled with no silverware

City now set to coast towards the title.
I saw the highlights of this game on a channel on YouTube, that just sum the highlights. Great channel.
I knew they (Chelsea) were just lucky in 1st meeting with Barça.

Next season I will like Chelsea more though. When Hayes gone and Bompastor leading and Kerr coming back.

timber

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
Lisbon
I saw the highlights of this game on a channel on YouTube, that just sum the highlights. Great channel.
I knew they (Chelsea) were just lucky in 1st meeting with Barça.

Next season I will like Chelsea more though. When Hayes gone and Bompastor leading and Kerr coming back.
Bompastor is a good name for a leader :D

• Haha
Reactions: Don Quixote

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

City now set to coast towards the title.
"Coast"?

Not quite.

They have been challenged this year, and will be chased to the end.

However, they do have two things going for them (apart from access to resources to an obscene degree): The first is that they have a game in hand, (although points on the board are better than a game in hand) and - to a considerable extent - their fate still rests in their own hands.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
"Coast"?

Not quite.

They have been challenged this year, and will be chased to the end.

However, they do have two things going for them (apart from access to resources to an obscene degree): The first is that they have a game in hand, (although points on the board are better than a game in hand) and - to a considerable extent - their fate still rests in their own hands.
City women i meant, not men. I've effectively switched off from EPL games at this point.

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
Arguably harsh decisions on Bournemouth but all technically valid. And Christie shouldn't be on the pitch anyway

Rice, Trossard, and Jorginho have all paid back their transfer fees. Rice should be player of the season but he probably won't get it.

Anyway, 3 goals, 3 pts, and another clean sheet.

Hopefully we can get past Utd.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Arguably harsh decisions on Bournemouth but all technically valid. And Christie shouldn't be on the pitch anyway
Agreed.
Rice, Trossard, and Jorginho have all paid back their transfer fees.
Absolutely agreed.
Rice should be player of the season but he probably won't get it.
An outstanding player and a superb buy; worth every penny.
Anyway, 3 goals, 3 pts, and another clean sheet.
And still top.

(For now, at least).
Hopefully we can get past Utd.
Hopefully City prove that they are mortal, and prone to an occasional error.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
@pachyderm you must be over the moon. Congratulations on beating the drop.
1714836391452.png

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
Agreed.

Absolutely agreed.

An outstanding player and a superb buy; worth every penny.

And still top.

(For now, at least).

Hopefully City prove that they are mortal, and prone to an occasional error.
City (men) will win the league. And thats fine, they can get their 4 in a row plaudits.

But any rational football fan will know Arsenal have been the better team in the league this season. And Liverpool put in a herculean effort despite their circumstances.

The future of City as a club, is still looking shaky eitherway. I doubt they'll exit the 115 charges saga unscathed. And it'll stain their reputation and record.

Also Pep likely has 1 maybe 2 seasons left in him. Doubt he'll want to hang around after the fallout.

I just want us to finish the season strongly and go again.

For me it's been a decent season. Would've like a trophy, but challenging City in back to back seasons and being back in the UCL, is progress for me.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
City (men) will win the league. And thats fine, they can get their 4 in a row plaudits.
Alas, this is looking increasingly likely, not least as City demolished Wolves by five goals to one earlier today.
But any rational football fan will know Arsenal have been the better team in the league this season. And Liverpool put in a herculean effort despite their circumstances.
Agreed.
The future of City as a club, is still looking shaky eitherway. I doubt they'll exit the 115 charges saga unscathed. And it'll stain their reputation and record.
Let us hope - devoutly hope - that this is the case.
Also Pep likely has 1 maybe 2 seasons left in him. Doubt he'll want to hang around after the fallout.
Indeed.

I just want us to finish the season strongly and go again.

For me it's been a decent season. Would've like a trophy, but challenging City in back to back seasons and being back in the UCL, is progress for me.

We are finishing a lot more strongly than was the case last season.

mvdrl

macrumors member
Nov 2, 2018
Northwest

But any rational football fan will know Arsenal have been the better team in the league this season.
Better team is the one that wins the league! Still a chance for Arsenal I think, and if City slips, then Arsenal will indeed be "the better team in the league." If not, then your statement is emotional, not "rational!"

Reactions: brucemr

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I watched our girls in U17-EM loose against France., with 2-3
Sweden took the lead up to 2-0. Then France was more lucky.
We will meet England and Norway in the group too.

See if they can comeback against England and Norway 👍🏻

Alphazoid

macrumors 6502a
Dec 5, 2014
Better team is the one that wins the league! Still a chance for Arsenal I think, and if City slips, then Arsenal will indeed be "the better team in the league." If not, then your statement is emotional, not "rational!"
We won't win the league. But the stats speaks for themselves.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Also watched the highlights between Manchester City - Arsenal played today. 1-2
Good to see Blackstenius scoring twice so Arsenal could win.

Great that she's better her statistic before our return against England in the Euro qualification in July, here in Sweden this time.
I don't want to see her miss an open goal against England again, as last time 😱

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Spurs have now lost 4 games on the bounce and conceded 13 goals. Crazy.

Meanwhile Bristol women are basically handing Chelsea the title on a silver platter by conceding 8 goals

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
The charges against city stem from 2009 to 2018 which happens to be two years in Pep's time at the club having joined City in 2016. In my opinion if and when the case against City comes to court I believe Pep will announce he is leaving the club because he will not want to be embroiled in the case facing City. He will leave for a club abroad because whilst manager for 2 years during the years the club has come under scrutiny, he could face punishment due to being the manager from 2016 to 2018. The Premier leagues reach does not extend to leagues abroad so any punishment given can only be for those still working in the PL. If any one working at city during 2009 to 2018 left the club and worked abroad, only UEFA and FIFA could sanction them. So, if Pep did leave City to escape any scandal at the club and worked for a club in Europe would UEFA take action or would UEFA say 'this is a PL problem and therefore stays with the PL'.
Interesting times ahead I think.

HandsomeDanNZ

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2008
Auckland NZ
Two big weekends coming up for me with Playoff action.
My team, Southampton vs WestBrom in the Championship playoff semi, in a two-leg test of wills
If things go in their favour, it's a trip to Wembley for them and either Leeds or Norwich.

Across the world and it's A-League playoffs time. The Semifinal two-leg opponents have been found after the Elimination Finals were played this last weekend - Sydney FC seeing off Macarthur Bulls to set up a game against Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne Victory winning the penalty shootout to beat Melbourne City (yes, part of the Citeh Football Group) to set up a juicy tie with my team, the Wellington Phoenix.

Theoretically, with the way both teams have played, it should end up a CCM vs WPX final, but finals football is a funny old game.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Two big weekends coming up for me with Playoff action.
My team, Southampton vs WestBrom in the Championship playoff semi, in a two-leg test of wills
If things go in their favour, it's a trip to Wembley for them and either Leeds or Norwich.

Across the world and it's A-League playoffs time. The Semifinal two-leg opponents have been found after the Elimination Finals were played this last weekend - Sydney FC seeing off Macarthur Bulls to set up a game against Central Coast Mariners and Melbourne Victory winning the penalty shootout to beat Melbourne City (yes, part of the Citeh Football Group) to set up a juicy tie with my team, the Wellington Phoenix.

Theoretically, with the way both teams have played, it should end up a CCM vs WPX final, but finals football is a funny old game.
The stress of the play offs. Good luck with it.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Lopetegui agrees to become West Ham manager at the end of the season.

I'm not sure its an inspired choice that will move the needle for West Ham, but good luck to him

Reactions: HandsomeDanNZ

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Lopetegui agrees to become West Ham manager at the end of the season.

I'm not sure its an inspired choice that will move the needle for West Ham, but good luck to him
Not sure this fills me with joy. David Moyes has been a good manager and brought us silverware (as well as European football on a number of occasions).
Time will tell I guess. Paqueta is off in the summer. Hopefully we get good money for him and look for the right players to replace him with. We have defensive weaknesses and Antonio isn’t getting any younger. He missed a good % of this season.

Don Quixote

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2023
Not sure this fills me with joy. David Moyes has been a good manager and brought us silverware (as well as European football on a number of occasions).
Time will tell I guess. Paqueta is off in the summer. Hopefully we get good money for him and look for the right players to replace him with. We have defensive weaknesses and Antonio isn’t getting any younger. He missed a good % of this season.
Yeah, I don't get it at all...

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
If this is true then it is so disrespectful of West Ham to treat Moyes in this manner, to agree a deal with another manager to take his place without even telling him he is no longer wanted at the club anymore

There has been months of speculation about Moyes job at West Ham but there has been nothing from the club to say they no longer want him therefore is so disgusting that they are in talks with other managers behind his back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.