The "I just ordered / bought / got my new/refurb MBP" thread [Merged]

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Was monitoring the UK refurb store for 16” M3 Max, but not much going thru.

Just snagged a sealed SB M3 Max 16/40 48GB 1TB for £3,000 off eBay. Paid via PayPal and credit card so if a scam I’m covered, but received pics of sealed box and serial checks out with warranty etc.

£1100 less than Apple want and £500 less than an Apple refurb.

Given the choice I’d have gone silver, and maybe 2TB like my outgoing intel. But for that saving I’ll use my external 2TB NVMe if needed.

Hopefully an epic bargain.

MrGimper

macrumors G3

Just snagged a sealed SB M3 Max 16/40 48GB 1TB for £3,000 off eBay. Paid via PayPal and credit card so if a scam I’m covered, but received pics of sealed box and serial checks out with warranty etc.

Given the choice I’d have gone silver, and maybe 2TB like my outgoing intel. But for that saving I’ll use my external 2TB NVMe if needed.

Well this appears to have been a scam. Currently eBay are investigating.

Snagged the same machine in silver from the Apple refurb store, arrived today.

Silver FTW, classic.

daneoni

macrumors G4

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Oh wow, I thought I posted a question here a few days ago and was wondering why no one was responding, but I forgot to hit "post reply" lol

Anyway, I need some advice. I'm going to be upgrading my old Intel MBP soon because I'm going to be changing jobs, and I want to be able to connect to multiple monitors if I need to. I asked an Apple Store associate if the base M3 chip can connect to 2 monitors, and she said yes. She even double checked with a coworker to make sure. But I'm seeing information online that says I need at least M3 Pro to connect to 2 monitors.

So what's the truth? I don't want to spend more than I need to.

Pmpman

macrumors member
I was in the market for an Apple silicon machine, preferably with a larger screen (don't have a laptop currently). I already pulled the trigger so I guess I'm just looking for confirmation I didn't make a bad call lol
Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 5.00.41 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.