Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
San Diego. Keep getting picks for LA.

Here’s why…

7bf9daf7770976e57bd9186e986a6a6c.jpg

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I just want it gone. Getting tired of all of these intrusions disguised as “suggestions”
At least yours are somewhat "local"...mine are worldwide suggestions.

I think the plan is to open up guides to every location once people have the ability to add on top of the curated ones. I don't think we can do that until native ratings come, but all indications point to that being very soon since it is in iOS 15 betas (mentioned, not accessible) for the US

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I think they’re getting ready to bring look around to Westchester, New York. When you start to type the name of an address, it gives you a look around button, but when you tap on it it says “Street imagery can’t be shown at this time”

Reactions: Speedman100

vojo77

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2020
Can someone help me… I dont have voice navigation in Apple Maps… Everything in settings is set, but it doesnt “talk”…

vojo77

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2020
It is not giving anything. Last summer I used it when I went to holiday and it worked, but after I updated on some version of ios it stopped. Now I went on holiday again and still doesnt work. Google maps works.
I connected a phone via bluetooth with music dongle in car. I saw headphones icon and I know it wont work with it. I disconnected it and nothing.

I wont do hard reset cause of that.. lol

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
It is not giving anything. Last summer I used it when I went to holiday and it worked, but after I updated on some version of ios it stopped. Now I went on holiday again and still doesnt work. Google maps works.
I connected a phone via bluetooth with music dongle in car. I saw headphones icon and I know it wont work with it. I disconnected it and nothing.

I wont do hard reset cause of that.. lol
I'm confused...why won't you hard restart?

G1Ravage

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2018
Queens, New York, USA
While navigating, pull up the settings from the bottom of the screen and make sure audible alerts are on.

Also, try raising the volume in the car at the very moment you begin navigation. You can often only adjust navigation prompt volume while Siri is actually speaking.

Reactions: s0ur_lemon

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
France is getting “greener”! 😎✌️ Just noticed it in CarPlay while driving today. It was a usual mellow yellow a few weeks ago. Progress! 👍

A5DC300E-BEAE-46C1-90CE-715F54B4C326.jpeg

Reactions: MozMan68

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
France is getting “greener”! 😎✌️ Just noticed it in CarPlay while driving today. It was a usual mellow yellow a few weeks ago. Progress! 👍

View attachment 1815523
Happened in most countries over the past day. Not sure why routing screens and CarPlay always get it first. It's the new "terrain" graphics, but not new Maps. They are quite accurate when I do comparisons and I think it looks much nicer providing a little more contrast.

G1Ravage

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2018
Queens, New York, USA

View attachment 1815523

That extra detail appearing in navigation mode is usually a sign that new Maps will be heading to your territory before too long. Perhaps France will be next after Australia.

EDIT - Disregard. It seems Apple snapped their fingers and added additional vegetation data in navigation mode for the entire world.

https://www.justinobeirne.com/apple-adds-detailed-landcover-to-navigation-mode-worldwide

Last edited:

one more

macrumors 601
Aug 6, 2015
Earth
EDIT - Disregard. It seems Apple snapped their fingers and added additional vegetation data in navigation mode for the entire world.

https://www.justinobeirne.com/apple-adds-detailed-landcover-to-navigation-mode-worldwide

Even this new green overlay makes Maps look a bit better and evolving. ✌️

I would personally prefer Apple rolling out these smaller updates more frequently over wider areas worldwide versus their current strategy of polishing everything up for a handful of countries, while the rest of the world is stagnating.

If Apple do not have enough time and/or energy for global new Maps, perhaps they should allow users to contribute in more meaningful ways. For example, putting their Maps online and letting people sign-in and contribute. Wikipedia sort of thing…

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Even this new green overlay makes Maps look a bit better and evolving.

I would personally prefer Apple rolling out these smaller updates more frequently over wider areas worldwide versus their current strategy of polishing everything up for a handful of countries, while the rest of the world is stagnating.

If Apple do not have enough time and/or energy for global new Maps, perhaps they should allow users to contribute in more meaningful ways. For example, putting their Maps online and letting people sign-in and contribute. Wikipedia sort of thing…

Maybe they are almost there? I don’t want to get too hopeful, but adding a profile to Maps in the latest release is the first step to having an accountable system to track user input.

MozMan68

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Apologies in advance if this has been mentioned previously but you can report hazards etc on Apple Maps in the UK now.

Started driving to work last night and got a audio message telling me I could use “Hey Siri” to report them. View attachment 1829031

Looks like it was added to Australia as well.

And I think I saw an actual user report while in NYC yesterday.

Maybe yesterday was “the day” for user reporting to go live?

Canyda

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2020
Looks like it was added to Australia as well.

And I think I saw an actual user report while in NYC yesterday.

Maybe yesterday was “the day” for user reporting to go live?
Just checked my Apple Maps in Canada, and it's not been turned on here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.