Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I wonder if the change they just made to the one I listed above was due to my recent request it them just getting around to the request from two years ago!

Antonio Blanco

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2014
Puebla - México
I love using Apple Maps. I'm in México, i travel a lot a cross the country and i've never experienced anything wrong with the app! They have even introduced the 3d features for my city (Puebla City) it's awesome!

IGI2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
I wonder if the change they just made to the one I listed above was due to my recent request it them just getting around to the request from two years ago!
I think it was something bigger.

In the time around your earlier post, and few days after some of my screenshots, area got updated as well:

Check the image from the beginning of the topic (LEFT) and recently updated (RIGHT):

IMG_1147.PNG IMG_1434.PNG

I think they have just updated some maps to the latest TomTom maps.

Currently, Apple Maps in Poland are the same as the latest TomTom maps.

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
That's the problem, while US users may be having some normal experience, some other countries are ignored by Apple.
Apple just don't have the money or resources to be updating their products for every country in which they're sold.

IGI2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 6, 2015
Apple just don't have the money or resources to be updating their products for every country in which they're sold.
But it's about their attitude.

They don't have proper ticket system. People don't know whether a report is being handled or not, if somebody else reported it. When it will be corrected. People are eager to submit corrections themselves.

silvetti

macrumors 6502a
Nov 24, 2011
Poland
But it's about their attitude.

They don't have proper ticket system. People don't know whether a report is being handled or not, if somebody else reported it. When it will be corrected. People are eager to submit corrections themselves.

Exactly.

Apple should take a look on how Waze works for map/poi fixing.

Reactions: IGI2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.