Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Unami

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2010
Austria
All I want is health/activity on iPad.

Then watchOS workout app to support ant+ sensors for biking.

I know I know.. The watch doesn’t even have an ant+ capability. But there is still a small glimmer of hope that it does and just hasn’t been enabled similar to the HomePod temperature sensor.
Very likely not going to happen. The temperature/humidity sensor were already discovered at the teardowns of the homepod on release. But there's no indication of an ant+ chip in apple watches. It could theoretically be hidden in the SoC but as ant+ is a proprietary technology by the watches biggest competitor, garmin, it won't happen.

kylew1212

macrumors 6502
Oct 17, 2017
Huntsville, AL
Very likely not going to happen. The temperature/humidity sensor were already discovered at the teardowns of the homepod on release. But there's no indication of an ant+ chip in apple watches. It could theoretically be hidden in the SoC but as ant+ is a proprietary technology by the watches biggest competitor, garmin, it won't happen.

Yes it’s a huge stretch I know. Probably 0.0001% likely.

I think the most likely (though still unlikely) is a partnership with wahoo or hammerhead to create an api where the watch and bike computer can communicate. Maybe even something like CarPlay but for a bike computer.

Or just native support for sensors which operate of BLE which are much more common now anyway.

Reactions: Unami

Sunsster1988

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2019
IMG_1523.jpeg
I want emails to be like this.

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
What about simultaneous audio playback? Ffs I’ve been asking this for years

mxrider88

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2019
Sydney, AU
Not sure if this is a reference to iOS 16 being ****, I don’t know what they call it, QC or not, it has to pass an inspection and that’s every. Single. Year.
Yes it is a reference to iOS 16. And macOS since Yosemite, and TvOs. And HomeKit. Zero quality control, zero testing. It is all f***ed up. Several thousand dollars of devices and then a $500 product does things more reliably. If you work at apple pass the message to the high levels: we need Scott Forstall and Bertrand Serlet back.

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
Can we get calendar so we can see what we have on days not just dots, also let us remove the home bar

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.