Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
It's over!!!
Got home at 8. Not too bad. Had a Chinese.

Picked myself up some a set of Lee Mist filters and a field guide case. Saved a few quid from the best prices I'd seen online.

Reactions: Kebabselector

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
It's over!!!
Got home at 8. Not too bad. Had a Chinese.

Picked myself up some a set of Lee Mist filters and a field guide case. Saved a few quid from the best prices I'd seen online.

Superb you can tell me how to use the bloody things! I am failing so far

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
After nearly buying 2 new cameras (Fuji X-H1 and a temptingly discounted Hassy X1D), a new lens and a Wacom MobileStudio I got away with just a geared tripod head and my marriage intact.

Forgot to visit the Colour Confidence stand to ask if leaving a colour checker passport in a press car was covered by the warranty... or if a cup of tea would sway the decision!

Reactions: MacRy

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
After nearly buying 2 new cameras (Fuji X-H1 and a temptingly discounted Hassy X1D), a new lens and a Wacom MobileStudio I got away with just a geared tripod head and my marriage intact.

Forgot to visit the Colour Confidence stand to ask if leaving a colour checker passport in a press car was covered by the warranty... or if a cup of tea would sway the decision!

LOL... oh my god it is good we didn't bump into each other! It would have been carnage! I already succumbed to the X-H1 and my brother in law (who I was there with) spent the whole afternoon trying to get me to buy the X1D too.... they were offering great deals on the X1D werent they? new one on the horizon per chance???? X2D maybe? hmm.... I got one to wander round with for an hour to play with it... meh... love the images but the experience was a little version 0.9 beta... the EVF black out was a bit annoying but wow it felt nice in the hand...

What lens did you go for? where were the Wacoms!?!? I would have taken a new pen and tablet!

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
LOL... oh my god it is good we didn't bump into each other! It would have been carnage! I already succumbed to the X-H1 and my brother in law (who I was there with) spent the whole afternoon trying to get me to buy the X1D too.... they were offering great deals on the X1D werent they? new one on the horizon per chance???? X2D maybe? hmm.... I got one to wander round with for an hour to play with it... meh... love the images but the experience was a little version 0.9 beta... the EVF black out was a bit annoying but wow it felt nice in the hand...

What lens did you go for? where were the Wacoms!?!? I would have taken a new pen and tablet!

We would have been dangerous! The X1D offer ends today so we might see if there is a replacement announced tomorrow! I agree about the viewfinder but the form factor and menus feel so nice. I was thinking about an EF 16-35 f/4 IS but realised it is daft spending so much money on what is really my spare camera! Wacom was tucked away a bit. I'm sure they had a big stand last year. I nearly bought their Windows tablet but for the spec I wanted, it turned out to be about £3k. iPad Pro it is then.

By the end of the day I had returned to the realisation that I just need to shoot and publicise more and think a lot less about gear. I'm pretty good at sticking to this mantra but every time a new camera comes out I spend a couple of days getting excited, getting trade-in quotes and then talking myself out of it. I'd get a lot more work done if the camera manufacturers would just leave me alone. :D

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
We would have been dangerous! The X1D offer ends today so we might see if there is a replacement announced tomorrow! I agree about the viewfinder but the form factor and menus feel so nice. I was thinking about an EF 16-35 f/4 IS but realised it is daft spending so much money on what is really my spare camera! Wacom was tucked away a bit. I'm sure they had a big stand last year. I nearly bought their Windows tablet but for the spec I wanted, it turned out to be about £3k. iPad Pro it is then.

By the end of the day I had returned to the realisation that I just need to shoot and publicise more and think a lot less about gear. I'm pretty good at sticking to this mantra but every time a new camera comes out I spend a couple of days getting excited, getting trade-in quotes and then talking myself out of it. I'd get a lot more work done if the camera manufacturers would just leave me alone. :D

Lol... So, maybe whenever a new camera gets announced we need to message each other with a simple command....

"You don't need one...." :)

The viewfinder eye piece was funny on the X1D too did you find that when you put it to your eye, you kept missing and looking at the black plastic rather than the hole? I kept looking at the eyepiece plastic because it was so wide and having to have the panic moment of moving the camera around until I got lined up properly.... it really didnt get any better the more I played with it...

and I touched the GFX50S again too..... EPIC mistake! it feels just like the X-H1 in hand... all the buttons are the same... :-(

and to buy into that system is less than the X1D...

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
Lol... So, maybe whenever a new camera gets announced we need to message each other with a simple command....

"You don't need one...." :)

I'm going to print that off and stick it to the top of my monitor!

The viewfinder eye piece was funny on the X1D too did you find that when you put it to your eye, you kept missing and looking at the black plastic rather than the hole? I kept looking at the eyepiece plastic because it was so wide and having to have the panic moment of moving the camera around until I got lined up properly.... it really didnt get any better the more I played with it...

Did you try looking through the other eye?

and I touched the GFX50S again too..... EPIC mistake! it feels just like the X-H1 in hand... all the buttons are the same... :-(

and to buy into that system is less than the X1D...

Not if you have a bag full of Hasselblad glass and want to keep autofocus. :oops:

kenoh

macrumors 604
Jul 18, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I'm going to print that off and stick it to the top of my monitor!

Did you try looking through the other eye?

Not if you have a bag full of Hasselblad glass and want to keep autofocus. :oops:

other eye! ha ha ha... no but did you look at it? it was an elongated rectangle and the actual eye hole was a third of the width stuck right in the middle. So I kept lifting it to my eye and looking through the left portion of the rectangle hence seeing nothing at all...

A bag full of Hasselblad glass? oh dear...

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Original poster
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK

Stand next door to us!
[doublepost=1521653545][/doublepost]

Shame. I could have done with another sale! :eek:

Make sure you come and say hello next year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.