Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
My gripe with tim cook is the confusion and variety of sizes. Before android would come up with so many different models but steve jobs refused to give in and only produced one size.

Now we have 4 different size iPads and 2 different sizes phones coming out at the same time. I double think a lot and hesitate before buying, should I get a 10.2" iPad or 10.5" air. why am i being forced to make such a choice?

I actually don't mind the same design year in year out. You can use the same cases for different models. I just dont like how they confuse the market with sizes so similar to each other.
In fairness, the 10.2" iPad and the 10.5" Air have various other features which separate them, but I get your point.

Still a minor quibble compared to olduser's complaints, which were all completely illegitimate.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
All I want is Apple products that work. Not less for more.

That I cannot find an iPad that doesn't develop touch disease (or something else) rapidly now is so frustrating, to say nothing of Mac hardware and software being so poorly built/designed and coded.

Eliminating the macOS development team and removing the iOS whip cracker on bugs to the VR team is showing up in spades. Not sure what is up with the industrial designers.

I just don't understand why Tim cannot keep the hardware & software quality up while pushing Apple into services. There was no need to skimp on builds.

Just frustrating.

Reactions: AidenShaw

ILUVAPPLE69

macrumors member
Sep 5, 2016
I was just thinking how great Tim Cook is doing. Everyone who has challenged Apple has lost. They’re undefeated at this point. Apple is the overlord of every industry in which they participate. They set the standards and trends of not only their products but everyone else’s also.

They’re both low key and everywhere at the same time. Their marketing reaches every forum or method of engagement.

The only thing that could topple Apple is if smartphones become obsolete the next day or another CEO comes in and just sabotages everything.

Last edited:

jagolden

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2002
I was just thinking how great Tim Cook is doing. Everyone who has challenged Apple has lost. They’re undefeated at this point. Apple is the overlord of every industry in which they participate. They set the standards and trends of not only their products but everyone else’s also.

They’re both low key and everywhere at the same time. Their marketing reaches every forum or method of engagement.

The only thing that could topple Apple is if smartphones become obsolete the next day or another CEO comes in and just sabotages everything.
This is a joke, right?
While I like TC, Apple does not dominate everywhere, they’ve lost to how many countries over not including a charger with their phones, and I think the EU would differ with you on the forced adaptation of USB-3 ports as a standard.
Just sayin’.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.