Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Vege-Taco

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2010
Arizona
It's definitely intentional because he holds the pose for photo shoots too.

Tim Cook.png

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Everyone has their own way of public speaking and presentation, I'm sure this is not a habit he emulates in his day-to-day. It's probably just the "style" he's grown to be comfortable with.

It is completely plausible though that he and rest of the executives have used body coaches, but like another user pointed out above, he's been doing the same thing more or less for quite some time already.
Yes I think it may be some tactile thing to keep him comfortable, like on Maid in Manhattan, the guy told the kid he held paperclips while giving speeches.

Or he secretly wanted to be a hairstylist, That was the main thing on Google about how to apply product evenly.

Cheffy Dave

macrumors 68030
As I said, it used to be fine. A bit strange perhaps for English viewers, but he just did it now and again and was barely noticeable.
This hand now turned into he constantly doing it as it's he simply can't stop himself.
It's as if he simply does not know what to do with his hands, and he's developed this habit that's gone too far.

Unless, as I say it's some body language coach who thought it looked cool, and is simply telling him to do it all the time now as they think the audience love it.
I'm now finding it really distracting as I'm watching his weird hand movements and taking my focus away from what's being said.
Come on, give the guy a freakin break, if that’s all you have to worry about in life, you are blessed! I think you should find out why this bothers YOU so much!

Reactions: myscrnnm
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.