Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KaliYoni

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2016
I've been using this risk chart to help me decide which preventive measures to take in a given situation since it was published by the San Francisco Chronicle early in the pandemic:

1200x0.jpg

Yes, it may be based on old data but I think the general guidelines are still valid.

While we're talking about N95 masks, I like the fold-style masks made by DemeTECH. These masks are not cheap but they are NIOSH certified, made in the USA, and, most important, relatively comfortable to wear for long periods.

• Haha
Reactions: Huntn and sorgo †

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I'm taking 4 hour flights on Nov. 1st and Nov. 8th. I will be wearing an N-95 mask on the shuttle, in the terminal, and on the plane, except when snacking. My son got COVID on a recent flight from the same airport I'm going to. It's not over. Masks make sense, which is why you see most people not wearing them.

We just did a ten hour and eleven hour flight oversees. Not a lot of folks wearing masks. There were some, not a lot though.

We are taking another flight this week from California to Texas... I expect we will see the same amount, if not less, people masked up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.