Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Let’s get the ball rolling!

3465D28C-F3B9-41A1-B016-51BB8D2DD74A.jpeg

926295A3-F07B-4FB5-BA5F-3A5793D97190.jpeg

Pre-Order here; Apple Education linked here

Here’s my order:

E4D873A4-B66E-4A74-B26F-CDFDCEF0D77A.jpeg

*Macbook Pro in Silver, M2 Max - 38c/96GB/1TB

It was preparing to ship Friday night, but I had to call Apple Saturday to make an address change 😀.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I ordered Macbook Pro M2 Max on Tuesday.

Expected delivery date is 24th, this Tuesday. It's been "preparing to ship" since Thursday and had my Credit Card billed.

I'm assuming at this point there's stock locally that is sent directly out to pre-orders, because at this point, it's not going to arrive in time if it's shipping from China!

David1986H

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
I ordered Macbook Pro M2 Max on Tuesday.

Expected delivery date is 24th, this Tuesday. It's been "preparing to ship" since Thursday and had my Credit Card billed.

I'm assuming at this point there's stock locally that is sent directly out to pre-orders, because at this point, it's not going to arrive in time if it's shipping from China!
Only BTO MacBooks are shipped from china. Apple will have stock of non customised Macs in warehouses across the country.

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Only BTO MacBooks are shipped from china. Apple will have stock of non customised Macs in warehouses across the country.

All other Mac's I've ordered were BTO, so always been sent directly from China. This one is not BTO, so wasn't sure.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Reactions: Burnincoco

David1986H

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
All other Mac's I've ordered were BTO, so always been sent directly from China. This one is not BTO, so wasn't sure.

Thanks for the confirmation!
Non custom Macs are usually shipped the day before here in the uk but im not sure about the US.

Mine is a bto and should ship soon from china.

Reactions: Stella

Jody

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2005
I ordered from Best Buy. Do those usually get delivered on release day or shipped on release day?

Trent0341

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2007
I assume that this is starting to hit for most of the 24th deliveries but just received shipment notification for a spec MBP 14” M2 Max. Still only have a pending charge.

Reactions: cyport

NotSoGeniusBar

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2023
Ordered a 14" M2 Max / 96GB on launch day, Jan 17th. It has been "Preparing to Ship" for a couple of days. I called the Apple Customer Support to see if they could give me any additional specifics on shipping. They said it was in the US and my status should change relatively soon with a tracking number.

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Ordered a 14" M2 Max / 96GB on launch day, Jan 17th. It has been "Preparing to Ship" for a couple of days. I called the Apple Customer Support to see if they could give me any additional specifics on shipping. They said it was in the US and my status should change relatively soon with a tracking number.
This is good advice for other people. Any tips others would like to suggest for pre-order threads that would helpful information for those who need it? Maybe I’ll look at previous pre-order threads from other older posts.

cyport

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
My pickup order for Thursday 26th Jan for M2 Max / 64GB just got pushed back to 5-7 business days. No explanation why. Rather frustrating as I'm leaving the country for several weeks and thought I had it timed perfectly to arrive before I go away. I'm hoping it's just a default message on the system.

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2019
My CTO 16" was ordered the morning of the 17th and it was updated as shipped this morning with an expected delivery of 1/30 (Apple) or 1/31 (UPS). Of course I fly out of town on the 29th for a week-long work trip.

Jody

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2005
I ordered from Best Buy. Do those usually get delivered on release day or shipped on release day?

Just kidding. Best Buy didnt actually ship it yesterday. I have a next-day air tracking number thats still waiting for the package to be picked up.

cyport

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
My CTO 16" was ordered the morning of the 17th and it was updated as shipped this morning with an expected delivery of 1/30 (Apple) or 1/31 (UPS). Of course I fly out of town on the 29th for a week-long work trip.
Looks like the CTO orders are slightly delayed perhaps? Got an email from Apple saying "Due to an unexpected delay, your pick up date has changed". I'm reviewing my options here, might cancel and go for the 96gb after all and pick up later in February.

NotSoGeniusBar

macrumors newbie
Jan 23, 2023
Update: Either I misheard the Apple rep or they got it wrong in regards to the Macbook being in the US. I just got a UPS notification saying it waiting for final clearance in Shanghai, CN. The UPS deliver date is Jan 31st while Apple still says Feb 1-3.

DerfBWH

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
Looks like the CTO orders are slightly delayed perhaps? Got an email from Apple saying "Due to an unexpected delay, your pick up date has changed". I'm reviewing my options here, might cancel and go for the 96gb after all and pick up later in February.
My CTO order has shipped; its delivery date has slipped by a single day (from the 26th to the 27th), but I have a tracking number and its moving.

99BA6C53-C344-4CE4-B0D6-132D88B055AC.jpeg

However last night my tracking number was saying delivery on Tue, Jan 31 - but now the tracking has been updated to just say "The delivery date will be provided as soon as possible."

Screen Shot 2023-01-24 at 9.54.03 AM.png

SafariX

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2004
I ordered a stock high end m2 max for delivery today. FedEx still says they are waiting on the package in Rialto, CA….delivering to Northern California. 🤷‍♂️

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.