Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Valentine

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2006
I placed an order for a 14" with a 1TB SSD yesterday. Delivery estimated to be anywhere between February 9 to 13. Fingers crossed I get it sooner!

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

mvng

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
San Diego, CA, USA
Ordered a 16 inch M2 Max with 96GB RAM+2TB SSD on 1/20 with expedited delivery 2/3-2/7. Looks like Apple just shipped mine from Shanghai a few hours ago. FedEx shows the package has cleared import customs and is scheduled to be delivered on Friday 2/3. There isn't a single FedEx plane on the ground in Shanghai at the moment so it's not gonna move for at least 12 hours
Did yours just register in Tokyo? I think ours might be on the same flight!

mvng

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
San Diego, CA, USA
Yup! I think it just left Narita for Seoul Incheon on FX 5154. I'm guessing/hoping that means it's getting delivered on Monday.
ah awesome! just out of curiosity, how did you find these flight numbers? trying to see if I should change my flight on monday or not to have this on a trip with me

737maxspotter

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
ah awesome! just out of curiosity, how did you find these flight numbers? trying to see if I should change my flight on monday or not to have this on a trip with me
Don't quote me on the Monday estimate. That was just a semi-educated guess.

Finding flight numbers is a bit of a guessing game. In my experience en route in transit scans should indicate the aircraft carrying your package has departed. Then it's a matter of using flightradar24 to check if there's a FedEx aircraft that departed around the same time as the in transit scan from an airport near the in transit scan. In this case the only FedEx plane that left Narita at that time was FX5154.

Reactions: mvng

svenmany

macrumors demi-god
Jun 19, 2011
Well, strangest thing. I was expecting delivery on Monday, which was even earlier than the original Feb 1 - Feb 3 estimate I got when buying. My wife went outside and found something on the porch. UPS just left it there, asking for no signature. How trusting. So I have it!! YAY

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Yup! I think it just left Narita for Seoul Incheon on FX 5154. I'm guessing/hoping that means it's getting delivered on Monday.

Interesting that yours would be going from NRT to ICN.. That's going BACKWARDS if making it to the US. If anything, it should have gone from PVG to ICN, then to NRT, then to ANC, then to MEM, especially if flying on FDX. Going from NRT to ICN wouldn't make any sense.

FlightAware has an iPhone tracker page that also works with any device coming from China. If you cross the tracking you have with the carrier (look closely at the scan times and location), you can match it up with the flight that left the airport at that time of the departure scan, and that should be your flight.

BL.

mvng

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
San Diego, CA, USA
Interesting that yours would be going from NRT to ICN.. That's going BACKWARDS if making it to the US. If anything, it should have gone from PVG to ICN, then to NRT, then to ANC, then to MEM, especially if flying on FDX. Going from NRT to ICN wouldn't make any sense.

FlightAware has an iPhone tracker page that also works with any device coming from China. If you cross the tracking you have with the carrier (look closely at the scan times and location), you can match it up with the flight that left the airport at that time of the departure scan, and that should be your flight.

BL.
The flightaware ones are all UPS - shouldnt mine be a Fedex flight?

Last edited:

737maxspotter

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023

BL.
I just got an in transit scan at Incheon at 1:58PM local. The only flight matching that description is FX5391 going to Hong Kong. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly that flight continues on to Osaka and finally Oakland. According to the master tracking number listed on the tracking page, the final destination is Memphis. The plot thickens. Edit: en route from Hong Kong to Memphis now. Should arrive tonight for a Monday delivery. Unboxing time :)

Last edited:

mvng

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
San Diego, CA, USA
I just got an in transit scan at Incheon at 1:58PM local. The only flight matching that description is FX5391 going to Hong Kong. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly that flight continues on to Osaka and finally Oakland. According to the master tracking number listed on the tracking page, the final destination is Memphis. The plot thickens.
dammit haha guess im not getting in anytime soon then :(

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
I just got an in transit scan at Incheon at 1:58PM local. The only flight matching that description is FX5391 going to Hong Kong. If I'm reading the tea leaves correctly that flight continues on to Osaka and finally Oakland. According to the master tracking number listed on the tracking page, the final destination is Memphis. The plot thickens.

That is weird that it would go RJAA to RKSI, then back to RJBB then to KOAK. It's going at least 2-3 hours out of the way just to come back to Japan, then transit through OAK before getting to MEM to go back out again. That makes it sound like it missed an initial scan somewhere, and had to go back for rescanning for the lot or pallet your Mac was on to get scanned again to come back. Very weird indeed..

BL.

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
Ordered 1/17, Space Grey 16" Max Pro, M2, 4TB, 64MB original delivery 1/31 to 2/3. Delayed to 2/8 to 2/10 (same as if ordered now). Apple rep clueless as to why.

Valentine

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2006
I placed an order for a 14" with a 1TB SSD yesterday. Delivery estimated to be anywhere between February 9 to 13. Fingers crossed I get it sooner!
I just received an email saying that my delivery has been moved up to 2/8 to 2/10 as well, but it looks like that also applies to all new orders anyway.

GrandCiel

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2019
Ordered 1/17, Space Grey 16" Max Pro, M2, 4TB, 64MB original delivery 1/31 to 2/3. Delayed to 2/8 to 2/10 (same as if ordered now). Apple rep clueless as to why.

I expect you will get it sooner unless you ordered later in the day or were put in the next shipment for some other reason. I ordered the same configuration a few minutes before 3 PM Pacific time on the 17th with expected delivery Feb 1 – Feb 3 and mine is out for delivery today.

737maxspotter

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2023
That is weird that it would go RJAA to RKSI, then back to RJBB then to KOAK. It's going at least 2-3 hours out of the way just to come back to Japan, then transit through OAK before getting to MEM to go back out again. That makes it sound like it missed an initial scan somewhere, and had to go back for rescanning for the lot or pallet your Mac was on to get scanned again to come back. Very weird indeed..

BL.
I read the tea leaves wrong. FDX5391 does RKSI-VHHH-RJBB-KOAK, but the aircraft doing the RKSI-VHHH leg actually turns around in VHHH to operate FDX5986 VHHH-KMEM nonstop. FedEx doesn't appear to have nearly as much capacity as UPS out of ZSPD, which explains the convoluted routing. In any case I should get it on Monday given it's weekday only delivery.

Reactions: bradl

Smartuser

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
Same config as you, save for 96GB (you might reconsider 64MB, Safari alone uses several GB :)), same delay. I'm not going to bother calling them, I highly doubt anyone reachable by phone will know what exactly is going an and even if they are, they won't be able to fix my delivery.

I'll check once in a while if they have it for pickup in a store in my area.

I expect you will get it sooner unless you ordered later in the day or were put in the next shipment for some other reason. I ordered the same configuration a few minutes before 3 PM Pacific time on the 17th with expected delivery Feb 1 – Feb 3 and mine is out for delivery today.
If you had the same memory config as me, I'd actually call them because I ordered at 11.50 am Pacific time.

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
Here’s my order:

View attachment 2146111
*Macbook Pro in Silver, M2 Max - 38c/96GB/1TB

It was preparing to ship Friday night, but I had to call Apple Saturday to make an address change 😀.
52D02095-3069-4641-B832-BE85788FB06D.jpeg

It finally shipped! 🫠

Update: Now arriving Jan 30!

Last edited:

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2019
My order from 10am the morning of the 17th arrived this past Friday; it was originally scheduled to arrive on Tuesday next week. I got it loaded except 4TB instead of 8TB as I keep most of my files on external drives. So far so good, the new keyboard is a little softer, I like it. Performance is pretty much identical to the previous 16" M1 Max, but that's what I expected. What is noticeably faster is very large batch photo processing jobs; on some tasks it's almost 40% faster.

Reactions: AmazingTechGeek

AmazingTechGeek

macrumors demi-god
Original poster
Mar 6, 2015
Los Angeles
My order from 10am the morning of the 17th arrived this past Friday; it was originally scheduled to arrive on Tuesday next week. I got it loaded except 4TB instead of 8TB as I keep most of my files on external drives. So far so good, the new keyboard is a little softer, I like it. Performance is pretty much identical to the previous 16" M1 Max, but that's what I expected. What is noticeably faster is very large batch photo processing jobs; on some tasks it's almost 40% faster.
Congrats! Do you notice if the display’s response rate on the new MBP improved? The 2021 version had a ghosting affect from bad response rates that was barely compensated by the 120hz refresh rate.

Smartuser

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
Congrats! I ordered the same, but a little later in the day, which now costs me 2 weeks of added waiting time over yours. Next time I'll set an alarm when there's a new product release imminent :).

4TB is actually overkill for me, I only keep getting it just in case. I'm thinking:

256GB: Out of the question, extremely confining
512GB: No
1TB: No frills, lowest acceptable amount
2TB: Best fit
4TB: Luxurious, plenty of room to spare
8TB: Way too expensive, not a mobile video editor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.