Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Qwaf

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2010
You’ve got the same spec as mine!

Mine’s been on “Preparing to Ship” for the last couple of days now, with a delivery date of 30th Jan. I’m hoping it comes sooner - has anybody’s shipped yet, either stock or CTO configs?

Mine ‘shipped’ a couple of days back on its way to a store for pickup, a custom build originally scheduled for Feb 2nd pickup.

Not sure if this means it’ll arrive earlier than expected or not.

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Im guessing for the built to order MacBooks they want to have enough to ship from china/incheon in one go.

There will be a point where they have to ship them weather its a few or thousands to be able to get them delivered on or before the estermated delivery dates.

Either way im refreshing the order page waiting for it to say shipped lol.

anzio

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada
I play World of Warcraft Dragonflight on a 42” 4K display with a M1 Max currently. At 4K max detail it runs well between 40-60fps so looking forward to seeing how the M2 Max performs.

Well, that’s nice to hear. I currently play World of Warcraft Dragonflight on a 2016 MacBook Pro and decided to upgrade this cycle to an M2 Max. Hopefully the machine doesn’t disappoint!

colinwil

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2010
Reading, UK
I’m going to jump to a new MBP + Apple Display (the $2K model!). So, I’ll have a large screen to work off of. Despite the bad reviews for the monitor.
Take those reviews with a pinch of salt. They mostly complain that its too expensive, not much better than the one that came 'free' with the 27" iMac, and have a less-than-stellar camera.

I use one every day with my Mac Studio. It looks fantastic, and even the camera's fine for what I use it for (Teams, Skype, etc.)

FriendlyMackle

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2011
NYC
Take those reviews with a pinch of salt. They mostly complain that its too expensive, not much better than the one that came 'free' with the 27" iMac, and have a less-than-stellar camera.

I use one every day with my Mac Studio. It looks fantastic, and even the camera's fine for what I use it for (Teams, Skype, etc.)
Thank you, that’s is great to hear from a real user!

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
This sign has just popped up on my order page which is a bit odd as I can't change anything any way as its already preparing to ship...
Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 09.52.30.png

Haminski

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2022
Hopefully we will see movement over the next few days. Mines shipping from china so I have a slightly longer wait.

From past experience they deliver BTO Macs a day or 2 earlier so fingers crossed
This is the first time I’ve ordered a BTO Mac so that’s good to know! 🤞🏻

Reactions: David1986H

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Update: the message has now gone… and it’s still “Preparing to Ship”.
Same here, how strange for it to pop up in the first place.

Are you from the uk as well? Our MacBooks might be put on the same flight. Last time a group of us tracked the plane from china to Germany, I found it oddly satisfying to track its every move.

Haminski

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2022
Same here, how strange for it to pop up in the first place.

Are you from the uk as well? Our MacBooks might be put on the same flight. Last time a group of us tracked the plane from china to Germany, I found it oddly satisfying to track its every move.
Yes, I am! I’ve got an M2 Max/64GB/2TB 16” MBP scheduled to arrive on Jan 30th.

I’ll be keeping an eye on this thread for when someone figures out what flight our MacBooks might be on! 😄

Reactions: David1986H

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
So ive just looked back on another thread where I ordered my BTO 16" M1 Pro and during the preparing to ship phase it was saying between the 4th-8th Nov 2021, but when it was shipped I got an updated delivery and it was delivered on the 29th Oct, so 6 days earlier than the estimated date.

My M2 Max 16" so far is saying 1st-3rd Feb but if it's like last time I might have it by this Thursday or Friday. May get shipped around Tuesday or Wednesday.

Reactions: Haminski

Qwaf

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2010
So ive just looked back on another thread where I ordered my BTO 16" M1 Pro and during the preparing to ship phase it was saying between the 4th-8th Nov 2021, but when it was shipped I got an updated delivery and it was delivered on the 29th Oct, so 6 days earlier than the estimated date.

My M2 Max 16" so far is saying 1st-3rd Feb but if it's like last time I might have it by this Thursday or Friday. May get shipped around Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yeah I've had similar things from Apple in the past, not quite the same situation, but reserving an iPhone for upgrade to pick up in store - it has given me one date to expect it, but sometimes arrived up to 1.5 weeks earlier. I didn't know until I got the notification that it had turned up, they didn't update the expected delivery date in the meantime.

I guess they're just deliberately pessimistic with their dates, especially at launch, due to unpredictable demand.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
I imagine literally all the UK sales are from the handful of forum members here, what with that £400 base model price increase. :oops:

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
I imagine literally all the UK sales are from the handful of forum members here, what with that £400 base model price increase. :oops:
Its actually £300 increase on the base 16" but who's counting 😉

Prices are getting stupid now in the uk, now that iv specked mine I'll be keeping it for a few years. But I say that every time lol

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Today could be an exciting day... My current MacBook Pro was shipped on the Monday evening after the Friday it went to preparing to ship (3 days).

With any luck my new MacBook might get shipped today. I remember last time they had a malfunction in the factory so hoping it won't happen again lol.

Haminski

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2022
Mine is still saying preparing to ship and delivery tomorrow eek.
Have you ordered a stock laptop or have you configured it? If you’ve gone for a stock laptop then it’s more than likely to be in the country already, so it should still be ok for tomorrow.

My configured laptop still says “Preparing to Ship” (and it has since Thursday!) with a delivery date of Jan 30th.

David1986H

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 12, 2020
Cheshire, UK
Mine is still saying preparing to ship and delivery tomorrow eek.
it will get shipped this afternoon / evening. Some item are delivered next day if you order by 7pm even some items the same day depending where you live.

My configured laptop still says “Preparing to Ship” (and it has since Thursday!) with a delivery date of Jan 30th.

Im sure ours will be shipped roughly the same time seeing our estimated delivery dates are 2 days apart.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.