Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CwazyWabbit!

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
I'm guessing because you went for the standard memory & ssd that they keep that in stock in the UK, I went for extra memory and a larger ssd and it's flying over from China.
It feels like it's been a long wait....

Reactions: Toonbay

AppleMac200

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2023
I'm guessing because you went for the standard memory & ssd that they keep that in stock in the UK, I went for extra memory and a larger ssd and it's flying over from China.
It feels like it's been a long wait....
Our laptops have arrived in Germany now so getting closer 😀

CwazyWabbit!

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
Our laptops have arrived in Germany now so getting closer 😀
I think they have landed at East Midlands in the last minute or two on flight D039, customs clearance started in the air about an hour ago.
Not sure if flight to Heathrow next or if they complete by road for delivery hopefully on Monday.

CwazyWabbit!

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
Customs clearance completed 4:41am. One less hurdle :)

Screenshot_20231118_045629_DHL Express.jpg

Last edited:

antipodean

macrumors regular
May 2, 2014
Order placed 8 November. Originally showing 29 November - 6 December. Just changed to "shipped" and due to arrive 24 November, so if true a good bit quicker than the initial estimate 😁

16" SB M3 Max 16/40 64GB/2TB

CwazyWabbit!

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
It’s on the move from East Midlands at 5:34.

My credit card now shows the payment for the laptop as of this morning, with a posted date of Wednesday, so must have been a quirk of the bank not showing the funds as assigned
I noticed afterwards that the day my pending payment disappeared also happened to be the day the c/c statement was produced, so I did wonder if it was related to that.

AppleMac200

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2023
Mine seems to be stuck on the M25, more than 24 hours since leaving East Midlands airport no sign of it arriving anywhere, hopefully just waiting to be processed in the local depot for delivery tomorrow 🤞

CwazyWabbit!

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
Mine seems to be stuck on the M25, more than 24 hours since leaving East Midlands airport no sign of it arriving anywhere, hopefully just waiting to be processed in the local depot for delivery tomorrow 🤞
Mine too has disappeared, I'm guessing they went by road when they left East Midlands airport yesterday morning and the truck then just got parked up at the destination without unloading. Either that or they got a departure scan when loaded onto the truck but it's still parked at the airport and is heading down tomorrow morning.
There didn't appear to be any flights to Heathrow yesterday morning (unlike for the macs delivered last Monday which got a flight from EMA to LHR).

Milsy68

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2016
Mine is out for delivery between 13:30 and 15:30. A day early but man today is going to drag until it's here 😆

Reactions: ascender

CwazyWabbit!

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2023
Mine didn't have a time estimate for delivery, just said by end of day (even though phone number was registered for updates).
BTW it's very nice to be using a laptop that isn't randomly crashing, can't wait till after work when I can have a more indepth play with it.

antipodean

macrumors regular
May 2, 2014
Delivered :)

16" SB MBP 16c/40c 64GB 2TB

Ordered 8 November, arrived well ahead of schedule 22 November (originally 29 November - 6 December estimated window).

Reactions: hovscorpion12
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.