Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddie24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
Thanks for sharing info from DHL - I was optimistic for delivery by the end of this week (current estimate is 28th) if we had seen a collection today...now not so sure!

No worries... remember, it could leave today and still be here tomorrow... sometimes express shipping is crazy fast, plus DHL are currently delivering all weekend too. So, if it hasn't left by Friday then it will likely be Monday next week but any time before that and we're on for an early delivery.

Reactions: mdavidson16

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Apple Store app just pushed back delivery from 25th to 28th!

No changes to the DHL tracking page though, same as everyone else. So not sure how Apple worked out to push the date back. Not very happy as it looks like the lucky crew with the same estimated dates as us but with UPS as the courier are getting theirs this week!

Reactions: George Dawes

eddie24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
This from the other watch thread: "Some people on Reddit said they talked to Apple today and they said the shipment from China has arrived in Eindhoven and they’re processing them now. Expect delivery in the next few days."

Reactions: limesmoothie

Harlandos

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2019
Looks like my initial 24th delivery, which slipped to the 28th is now due 22nd (tomorrow).

After a visit to and from:

China
Korea
Dubai (UAE)
Germany
UK

It's better travelled than I. Woe be me.. enjoy your new Apple Watch y'all!

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I've got myself stuck in a real first world problem...

I mentioned recently that I ordered the Graphite with a braided solo loop that I since discovered is too large. So picked up a Graphite with Milanese at local store.

However I'll never wear the Milanese (doesn't suit my skinny wrists). So, I can't decide whether to sell the Milanese or return the entire thing when the pre-ordered SSG with solo arrives, then sell the solo loop.

I feel like the solo will be easier to sell (and probably for a better price) but it means the faff of returning the Milanese SSG to the store which, which is about 50 mins away + waiting in the queue to even get in etc etc blah blah blah

If only that stupid sizing guide was accurate (for me). Ho hum.

Reactions: George Dawes

Harlandos

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2019
I've got myself stuck in a real first world problem...

I mentioned recently that I ordered the Graphite with a braided solo loop that I since discovered is too large. So picked up a Graphite with Milanese at local store.

However I'll never wear the Milanese (doesn't suit my skinny wrists). So, I can't decide whether to sell the Milanese or return the entire thing when the pre-ordered SSG with solo arrives, then sell the solo loop.

I feel like the solo will be easier to sell (and probably for a better price) but it means the faff of returning the Milanese SSG to the store which, which is about 50 mins away + waiting in the queue to even get in etc etc blah blah blah

If only that stupid sizing guide was accurate (for me). Ho hum.

I would think the Graphite Milanese would sell fairly easily..

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I would think the Graphite Milanese would sell fairly easily..
I feel like the solo loop would fetch its retail price given it's out of stock.

Between that and the Obsidian Mist band I also ordered that's too thick to fit either my S3 or S6, this hasn't been as smooth sailing as I'd have hoped!

N1cBr

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
I ordered my watch with the Leather Loop but annoyingly I ordered the wrong size. I’m now in a local lockdown and can’t travel to the Apple Store where they would be able to swap it for me for the correct size (apparently). I tried ringing the aftersales team but they say it’s not possible to switch out the band as I would have to return my watch and then re-order it with the correct size. Has anyone experienced something similar? Not sure whether it’s worth trying to trade it or sell it and then buy the right size?

Nalmond92

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2013
UK
Would love for mine to be bumped up a a few days or a week... series 2 is getting long in the tooth and does not play well with iOS 14

Attachments

• 22A84C1D-3752-466F-8A42-67EB80EC3E93.png
    22A84C1D-3752-466F-8A42-67EB80EC3E93.png
    812.4 KB · Views: 197

TwiceNightly

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
When were yours originally due for delivery? My DHL still just says “shipment information received” :-(

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
I received a text from DHL saying my parcel would be delivered today, and just 5 minutes ago the site updated from ‘Received’ to ‘Out for Delivery’.

The Apple site has also just changed to delivery today, whereas it was still saying 22-24 up to an hour or so ago.

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
I received a text from DHL saying my parcel would be delivered today, and just 5 minutes ago the site updated from ‘Received’ to ‘Out for Delivery’.

The Apple site has also just changed to delivery today, whereas it was still saying 22-24 up to an hour or so ago.
My Apple order also now says "Arrives Tues Sep 22".

Reactions: danmart

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
No movement on ‘Friday 25’ DHL... still just shipping info received in Eindhoven.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.