Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

retrospek

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2004
UK
If my band doesn't fit when I get it I guess the easiest option (instead of sending the band AND watch back to Apple and then wait months !) is that I just put the band on Ebay. I have some old bands sitting around I can use until the one I really want is then delivered...

Reactions: George Dawes

Jeimu3u

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
I contacted Apple Support about exchanging my braided solo loop and was told I would have to return the watch as well as the strap. I would have to re-order the watch and correct watch strap size but it’s already showing November for a blue watch. Not happy about that, I’m going to try my chance at the store to see if I can anyway without returning the watch.
This is exactly why it’s going to be an issue. Returning the watch means waiting months all for the sake of the loop.

mdavidson16

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
My 44mm Blue Aluminium has been with DHL in Eindhoven since Friday Night/Saturday Morning - fingers crossed for some movement on Monday!!

Evil Dan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
My 44mm Blue Aluminium has been with DHL in Eindhoven since Friday Night/Saturday Morning - fingers crossed for some movement on Monday!!
Is yours actually with DHL or does it show "tracking information received" - i.e. not yet received by DHL. This is what mine has been showing since Friday morning on DHL.

Reactions: eddie24

eddie24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
My 44mm Space Grey GPS+Cellular has been in processing since I ordered just after 7pm last Tuesday. Due Wednesday the 23rd, so fingers crossed.
Same... I had really expected some movement by now... also, the tracking is just for a label creation... no movement in the network yet. Annoying.

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Been stuck like this since Tuesday...
Untitled.png

mdavidson16

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
Is yours actually with DHL or does it show "tracking information received" - i.e. not yet received by DHL. This is what mine has been showing since Friday morning on DHL.

yep ‘tracking information received’ since Friday. Very much hoping for a pick up today :)

nyermen

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2018
Mine switched Sunday to the message "tracking information available soon". This happened earlier this year delivering my MacBook Pro - whichever carrier (I forget) was used bulk shipped to Europe - and only then did it update as they worked out the individual pieces. I seem to recall it saying "tracking information available soon" for a few days then suddenly it was "delivers tomorrow".

Right now mine still says delivers 29th.

Neemah

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2020
London, UK
Been stuck like this since Tuesday...
View attachment 956665
Exactly like mine.
hopefully Apple are confident stock will be within the U.K. and it’s just down to their courier to over night it..
[automerge]1600674832[/automerge]
Same... I had really expected some movement by now... also, the tracking is just for a label creation... no movement in the network yet. Annoying.
Very annoying! Fine for the date to slip, but I’d prefer them to tell me ahead of time!

Fried_Gold

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2013
United Kingdom
Exactly like mine.
hopefully Apple are confident stock will be within the U.K. and it’s just down to their courier to over night it..
This is what I am hoping for, they have no trouble delivering next day usually so if they have the stock shouldn't be a problem, I hope.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Got my shipping notification. ETA is 28th (seems like it should be faster than that?) Series 6, Red Aluminium, 40mm, Red Sport Loop ordered on the 17th.

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
I contacted Apple Support about exchanging my braided solo loop and was told I would have to return the watch as well as the strap. I would have to re-order the watch and correct watch strap size but it’s already showing November for a blue watch. Not happy about that, I’m going to try my chance at the store to see if I can anyway without returning the watch.

Might be talking crap to but if your choice of strap size is available in store can’t you return the watch and buy it back there and then with a different strap size

Baxdream

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
I’m in the same boat. I’ve ordered an 8 when I need a 5. There’s none in stock anywhere near me. I’m just going to either wear it and order the right one. Then I’ll sell the used one on eBay or hope to find my watch in store!

nostra999

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2008
Same as a few of you.... dispatched friday evening with a DHL delivery code - the DHL shows just as shipment information received in Eindhoven since then. Very odd.

Evil Dan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Same as a few of you.... dispatched friday evening with a DHL delivery code - the DHL shows just as shipment information received in Eindhoven since then. Very odd.

I think this happens quite frequently - certainly with a previous launch iPhone order I placed. The items are bulk shipped from China to Europe then are posted individually from there. Hopefully they will arrive in Eindhoven in time for the expected delivery date.

KennethS

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2011
UK
As others have said, I think DHL (in your example) are notified that a shipment is coming that includes your order with a tracking number for your order for onward delivery when they get it. A large shipment is sent off from point of manufacture that contains many many orders packaged inside. When DHL gets the big shipment they unload the individual orders inside and once yours in in hand your tracking number becomes live.

Rockbird86

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
London
Sometimes I love Vodafone. Dispatched and due tomorrow! Boring old sport band though, that won't be on it long...!

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
I’m in the same boat. I’ve ordered an 8 when I need a 5. There’s none in stock anywhere near me. I’m just going to either wear it and order the right one. Then I’ll sell the used one on eBay or hope to find my watch in store!

That's a massive difference though, what happened with the sizing strap? I thought I needed a 9, but they laid out sizes 6,7 & 8 for me to try in-store as well - no way the sizes 6 or 7 were even going over my hand and I don't think I have large hands by any means.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.