Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
No worries. It's the GP in me that knows the limitations of these machines and I'm not sure how much real world use a SpO2 monitor will be for the general public.

The other issue with CO poisoning is that people associate low oxygen levels with going blue (cyanosis). This is due to haemoglobin bound with CO2 being blue/purple in colour, hence blood in arteries being red and blue/purple in veins. Haemoglobin bound to CO is red and you don't see the blue colour around the lips/extremities despite low oxygen levels.

The reason I bought the device wasn't for the SpO2 monitor, I don't know anyone use regularly checks one yet alone has any measuring apparatus. There may be use for it, but far lower than the ECG (only lead 1 I think) functionality that's built in.

The last time I ever remember being near a pulse oximeter was when I was admitted to A&E, but even then an SpO2 reading wasn't absolutely necessary and needed just for the charts upon admission.

Last edited:

George Ambler

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
Current shipping status.

Blue Aluminium 44mm with Blue Braided Loop.

? Scotland

View attachment 956135
Mines on the same flight ... although mines for delivery 22nd.

pretty sure it’s on this flight, it’s the same plane that went from Shanghai to South Korea, stopped for 2 hours or so and left for Germany.

Attachments

• 0CA643B3-7A26-4062-96DA-D13E83B8F1C2.jpeg
    0CA643B3-7A26-4062-96DA-D13E83B8F1C2.jpeg
    192.1 KB · Views: 74

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
6C08FA1A-98F2-4839-ADA0-AE25854E6608.jpeg

Well I was wrong about what flights were leaving for AMS it seems. I’m now at a facility after being in Seoul. I guess maybe just from warehouse to airport perhaps?

George Ambler

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
Still find it very annoying that they have plenty in the UK to sell in shops but our orders are coming from China. I can’t leave the house currently due to mum getting a positive test result for covid other wise I would have gone and picked my two up in store Friday morning, they had and still have the two I’ve ordered ready for collection!

RAFbombhead

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2020
Still find it very annoying that they have plenty in the UK to sell in shops but our orders are coming from China. I can’t leave the house currently due to mum getting a positive test result for covid other wise I would have gone and picked my two up in store Friday morning, they had and still have the two I’ve ordered ready for collection!
Yea it’s a little frustrating. I live miles away from any Apple store so I didn’t have much choice. I should have waited and ordered from either John Lewis or Amazon I suppose. But then I would have had to order my sport loop separate.

Duncan-UK

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2006
Mine seems to have slipped to the 28th. Bit annoying as it’s been saying 25th since I placed the order.

Baxdream

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2020
I’m eagerly awaiting my first Apple Watch. I’ve gone for silver with charcoal braided strap. I’m just hoping it fits!
It’s due 28/9 but I’m hoping to get it by Saturday

Jeimu3u

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
My watch arrives on Tuesday according to UPS . . . I've made a mistake with my solo loop size and from the sounds of things I cannot just swap the band over . . . I've ordered solo loop bands 7 and 8 but now it seems I'll just have to return it all anyway. Bit annoying really, wish I'd just gone for a sport strap.

tednol

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
My watch has made it to Cologne. UPS saying delivery on Tuesday AM.

Got a graphite Milanese loop delivered today. Apple version, ordered it from Amazon. Looks decent on my aluminium S4, but will look better on the SS S6 when it arrives!

Reactions: palemonkey

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
My watch arrives on Tuesday according to UPS . . . I've made a mistake with my solo loop size and from the sounds of things I cannot just swap the band over . . . I've ordered solo loop bands 7 and 8 but now it seems I'll just have to return it all anyway. Bit annoying really, wish I'd just gone for a sport strap.
Where did you see that? Making you return the whole watch is so stupid when they could just swap the band.

Reactions: George Dawes

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
My watch has made it to Cologne. UPS saying delivery on Tuesday AM.

Got a graphite Milanese loop delivered today. Apple version, ordered it from Amazon. Looks decent on my aluminium S4, but will look better on the SS S6 when it arrives!
What was your original delivery date?

Jeimu3u

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
Where did you see that? Making you return the whole watch is so stupid when they could just swap the band.
I could be talking rubbish. I read it on Reddit somewhere. I’ll be heading to apple on Wednesday after the watch arrives to see what happens.

Picard323

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2007
Scunthorpe UK
I could be talking rubbish. I read it on Reddit somewhere. I’ll be heading to apple on Wednesday after the watch arrives to see what happens.

I contacted Apple Support about exchanging my braided solo loop and was told I would have to return the watch as well as the strap. I would have to re-order the watch and correct watch strap size but it’s already showing November for a blue watch. Not happy about that, I’m going to try my chance at the store to see if I can anyway without returning the watch.

Reactions: George Dawes
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.