Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Why? Lack of a new design?

I wouldn’t say just the new design, the AOD doesn’t make a difference to me as much as I thought it would. The SpO2 sensor is good but it’s not as if I’m going to use it every day. There are other indicators of low SpO2, though I guess it’s useful to detecting CO poisoning

limesmoothie

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
DPD arrived without warning...

Attachments

• 3E3E473D-D77A-4BED-BA35-2DFDFDC7BC58.jpeg
    3E3E473D-D77A-4BED-BA35-2DFDFDC7BC58.jpeg
    380.8 KB · Views: 107
Reactions: Brookzy

Richy23

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2010
Now that I have it on my wrist, I’m wondering whether I should have waited another year with the Series 4.

I've been really indecisive over whether or not I should upgrade from S4 too & even have one on the way but I think I'll return.

If I sell mine I'll probably get about £200 - which means I'll be spending about £200 for an always on display & blood oxygen sensor, not sure I'll be getting the value out of it really.

Reactions: ct2k7

eddie24

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2015
Good detective work! ?️‍♂️ If you are right then the watches have landed. ?

My guess is, land at AMS truck to Eindhoven for individual sorting packaging before departing back to AMS tomorrow for flight to London Sunday or Monday. I’d say watches show up Tuesday or Wednesday.

Apple book every cargo plane going at this time of year and they pay good money for the privilege, so the services provided by the logistics companies are the best they offer. Everything is express delivery.

RPhoto

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
Right. Gonna have to send mine back when it arrives on the 25th. Went in store today to confirm my braided solo loop size. Measured my wrist as a 5 at home and this was confirmed in store with them measuring again. However I then tried a 5 on and it was too large. So back my pre-order will go.

So I picked up a graphite with Milanese in store instead. It’s lovely!!

tednol

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
UPS has updated for me with a ‘departed facility’ message, location Shanghai. Showing a tentative delivery date of 24th.

Evil Dan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
The SpO2 sensor is good but it’s not as if I’m going to use it every day. There are other indicators of low SpO2, though I guess it’s useful to detecting CO poisoning

in CO poisoning the SpO2 measurement will remain high despite a fall in blood oxygen and is therefore useless (blood has to be taken from an artery and measured directly in a blood gas machine).

This is because the SpO2 machines measure the difference of light absorption of two different wavelengths of light then can use that to plot how much haemoglobin is oxygenated or not. However haemoglobin carrying CO absorbs absorbs light similarly to oxygenated haemoglobin so the measured SpO2 remains high despite a fall in blood oxygen.

In summary make sure you have working CO monitors near all your gas appliances!

Reactions: danmart and ct2k7

Apple Mac Daz

macrumors 68040
Jun 2, 2011
Manchester
Take it there won’t be any updates from DHL until tomoz

my tracking has been lost

Attachments

• 8F4708CC-526A-4E56-98EB-AC9BE4135C62.jpeg
    8F4708CC-526A-4E56-98EB-AC9BE4135C62.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 69

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Mine has shipped by DHL from the Netherlands and is still showing delivery for the 28th. I could probably walk there quicker than that!

Last edited:
Reactions: limesmoothie

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
in CO poisoning the SpO2 measurement will remain high despite a fall in blood oxygen and is therefore useless (blood has to be taken from an artery and measured directly in a blood gas machine).

This is because the SpO2 machines measure the difference of light absorption of two different wavelengths of light then can use that to plot how much haemoglobin is oxygenated or not. However haemoglobin carrying CO absorbs absorbs light similarly to oxygenated haemoglobin so the measured SpO2 remains high despite a fall in blood oxygen.

In summary make sure you have working CO monitors near all your gas appliances!
Thanks, I didn’t know this.

I recently read about someone who thought their landlord was leaving messages in their home, but it turned out to be CO poisoning.

I think it’S time to test the alarms.

On A different note, my titanium watch shipped, scheduled delivery for the 28th.

Evil Dan

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2020
Thanks, I didn’t know this.

I recently read about someone who thought their landlord was leaving messages in their home, but it turned out to be CO poisoning.

I think it’S time to test the alarms.

On A different note, my titanium watch shipped, scheduled delivery for the 28th.

No worries. It's the GP in me that knows the limitations of these machines and I'm not sure how much real world use a SpO2 monitor will be for the general public.

The other issue with CO poisoning is that people associate low oxygen levels with going blue (cyanosis). This is due to haemoglobin bound with CO2 being blue/purple in colour, hence blood in arteries being red and blue/purple in veins. Haemoglobin bound to CO is red and you don't see the blue colour around the lips/extremities despite low oxygen levels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.