Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
I would say its more durable (so far as scratching/abrasions) than the previous Ti (natural) models. Although I quick buff with a green sponge thing takes care of it.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Do you use the green sponge for your ultra?
If yes, which green sponge you are using?

Thanks in advance.
I haven't yet, but I don't really baby it either..I wear it 24/7 (save charging).

The green part of this
1676561387667.png

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I charge mine to full in the morning before the gym, wear it all day, sleep with it on, and wake up with 65% to 74%. It might be time for me to tweak some settings.
I'm probably not a good baseline to go off of either. I work at a desk 6am-6pm and then sit at that desk for the rest of the night. I exercised once for 30 mins from Monday - Wednesday.

I have Hey Siri off, blood oxygen off, and always on off. (Other than that, everything else is on). (Brightness all the way down too).

So I'm probably a very light user. :p

I'd still be very happy with 65-74% for 24 hours. I'm actually thinking of turning on Always On. lol. (I never go below 50% and charge my watch daily too. lol).

Last edited:

webbuzz

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2010
I'm probably not a good baseline to go off of either. I work at a desk 6am-6pm and then sit at that desk for the rest of the night. I exercised once for 30 mins from Monday - Wednesday.

I have Hey Siri off, blood oxygen off, and always on off. (Other than that, everything else is on). (Brightness all the way down too).

So I'm probably a very light user. :p

I'd still be very happy with 65-74% for 24 hours. I'm actually thinking of turning on Always On. lol. (I never go below 50% and charge my watch daily too. lol).
Always on is off for me, everything else is on. I still might tweak some things.

Thanks for the response! :)

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I check every other month or so. Still 100%. I'd be happy if it was 99%. I got AppleCare+ so I'll be keeping an eye on this.

Considering my previous Apple Watches had horrible trade in values, I assume this one will too so because of the cost, I'll most likely be keeping this for a lot longer than I have in the past.

Battery life is so good for me that I would like to think that even at 80% battery health it'll still be very usable, lol.

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
mine is still 100%, and I think its actually getting BETTER... could be updates since 9.0 that make it slightly more optimal, could be a new phone - so better BTLE connection, unsure.. but instead of pretty easily going 72 hours, I can now with same usage, weekdays, workouts, etc. have it go 80 hours and still have 5% left.

And that is with my normal setup (check prior posts) and NOT using any of the battery saving settings or measures.

Last edited:
Reactions: webbuzz
How is everyone's Ultra battery health? Mine is at 99% (launch day watch)
Just checked, very happy! (Usually when I check my iPhone after all this time, that 100% health is no more and I have a feeling of sadness. 😆)

View attachment 2171192
I just checked mine and thankfully it's at 100% (Pre-ordered launch day ⌚️ as well). I would hate that day to see it going down. 😩😩

I don't want it to go down. At least until September 2023. 🫢

1678424338388.png

Prince_Charm

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2021
My battery is at 100% as well but I have the impression that battery life is decreasing compared to 5 months before.
2,5 days minimum after purchase in Oct 22 and now hardly 2 days.
Maybe caused by SW updates?

Last edited:
Reactions: webbuzz

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
Just checked, very happy! (Usually when I check my iPhone after all this time, that 100% health is no more and I have a feeling of sadness. 😆)

View attachment 2171192
my phone is down to 99% as well 14 Pro Max (launch day). In fact, it I did check it when I wrote my orig post and it was at 100% I guess it was teetering at 99.5 :)

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
Currently at around 40h in and 20% left

Wore it Friday night for sleep tracking
Saturday first ca 1:40h in gym with AOD on
Then outdoor walk 30 min with my phone
Then again 30 min walk with my phone
Late afternoon outdoor run without
Phone, LTE on, low power mode enabled 23 min + offline music

Wore it again for sleep tracking
Today 1:30h run without phone, LTE on, low power mode enabled + offline music

= 4:30h of activity. Easy make the 48h mark.

Would I take my phone with me while running I would still probably have around 30-40% left haha

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
Currently at around 40h in and 20% left

Wore it Friday night for sleep tracking
Saturday first ca 1:40h in gym with AOD on
Then outdoor walk 30 min with my phone
Then again 30 min walk with my phone
Late afternoon outdoor run without
Phone, LTE on, low power mode enabled 23 min + offline music

Wore it again for sleep tracking
Today 1:30h run without phone, LTE on, low power mode enabled + offline music

= 4:30h of activity. Easy make the 48h mark.

Would I take my phone with me while running I would still probably have around 30-40% left haha
AOD takes at least 15% off useable battery life. LTE is probably something similar but I haven’t tested it out.

Reactions: Piscestg

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Seems like pretty much everyone in here get better batterylife than I do - If I take it off the charger just before bed-time with 100% and use it for sleep tracking and 45-60 minutes run outside I can JUST make it to 48 hours with a stretch!

I have everything on (seems like it would kind of defeat the purpose of the Ultra to start deactivating the useful sensors and display etc.?)

Today I had to even give it a small boost of battery before leaving for the office. It had 46% this morning and need to make it last this afternoon for another run before charging.

xxBlack

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2020
Seems like pretty much everyone in here get better batterylife than I do - If I take it off the charger just before bed-time with 100% and use it for sleep tracking and 45-60 minutes run outside I can JUST make it to 48 hours with a stretch!

I have everything on (seems like it would kind of defeat the purpose of the Ultra to start deactivating the useful sensors and display etc.?)

Today I had to even give it a small boost of battery before leaving for the office. It had 46% this morning and need to make it last this afternoon for another run before charging.
Well I loose way more when I'm running. Around 6-7% per 30 min with low power mode but cellular enabled. Phone at home. Music via airpods pro.

I loose around 4-5% per hour while lifting weight. AOD enabled.

Reactions: xDKP

tivoboy

macrumors 601
May 15, 2005
Overall, i think the order of things is screen on full, then LTE, then GPS.. so running without a phone and with LTE enabled is probably certainly going to take that much power. Even just walk/run for 1 hour without phone uses 4-5% for me, vs. 1--2% with phone.

Reactions: xDKP

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Overall, i think the order of things is screen on full, then LTE, then GPS.. so running without a phone and with LTE enabled is probably certainly going to take that much power. Even just walk/run for 1 hour without phone uses 4-5% for me, vs. 1--2% with phone.
Put on my watch yesterday evening before going to bed. Woke up with around 92% so 8% through the night is okay. Then went for a 10K run and came back (LTE on, but no music today) with around 82% so 1% per K (my run was just under 50 minutes this morning so 10% an hour roughly)

I plan to run again this afternoon another 10K and one single run tomorrow - not putting money on my watch will last on the battery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.