Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

Spheres

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2023
Update: I'm Pro Max (Titanium-White) store-pickup for the 22nd, and they tried to charge my credit card last night but it was put into 'pending' by my CC waiting my approval. It looks like the charge went through at 2:30PM today -- though the status of it on the site hasn't changed (still shows In Processing). Hopefully the CC-block didn't affect things??

Lakersfan74

Suspended
Oct 17, 2019
It'll stay preparing to ship until it lands in Louisville and get customs clearance when Apple will then change to shipped. If you want to track now you need to have UPS MyChoice or contact UPS International Customer Services to get the tracking number.
I have email alerts setup from UPS so i should get a tracking number without using MyChoice like I always do

Tammster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
S Florida USA
Yay!!! I thought this was gonna be the first phone that I didn't get on release day, it just got switched from October 4 through the 9th to this Friday!
32279c72496d005311060dfe781c46d1.png

hungryteresa

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
I'm thinking so as well. First wave came from Foxconn on Saturday, followed by Wave 2 from Foxconn on Sunday (local times). There may even be another wave seeing that some orders are getting bumped up as well. I agree that by the time we wake up in the morning, we'll have a better idea.

This is going to be a difficult week to focus. Glad I took off Friday!
Friday is going to be so tough for me. At least I know my iPhone won’t be delivered until 6pm. I’ll leave work by 5 so I can be ready! I have a bunch of meetings and interviews so I can’t take Friday off. 😑

hinrgmike

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2003
North Richland Hills, TX
Apple won't be sending you the tracking number or showing shipped until Thursday even though the phone is moving. You need to either set up the UPS MyChoice app or call UPS International Customer Service and give them the last 4 of this tracking number and they will give you the full number. :)
This tracks with IUP charge timing. Apple says they bill sales tax at time of processing and separately the initial Citizen's Bank charge occurs at time of shipping. Today, I had my Apple sales tax charge but nothing from Citizen's. Looking back at last year. I was charged sales taxes the weekend prior to receiving phone and then that Thursday (day before delivery), the Citizen's Bank charge processed and my new loan number was established.

Reactions: POWERPLANTHOMER

AlphaGuitarist

macrumors 65816
Nov 12, 2014
Instant trade in value of $650. Balance charge to my installment plan is $549. Add the 2 together $1199. $71.94 paid in tax, which is 6% of 1199. Curious if maybe you got something lucky going on, or if I’m just unlucky.
Interesting. Every time I trade in a device, the sales tax refund always gets added to the trade in value. The first time I did a trade in (I always bring my devices to an Apple Store), the rep who was helping me specifically said that I get the sales tax refunded on the value of the trade in. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. This has been happening for the past few years.

naturalstar

macrumors demi-goddess
Mar 9, 2012
Oh no! I am trying sooo hard not to buy this! I want to keep using my Belkin 3 in 1 charger, but the iphone lies flat so it won’t do standby mode and I takes up space on the nightstand. I already ordered a new AW and iPhone and 3 cases and a polishing cloth and a watchband and a screen protector….

I'm holding off on the AW to see what the 10 year anniversary brings. Ha, only 3 cases? I have 7 sitting here, but 2 are going back for sure. The change to USB-C is a good excuse for me to upgrade my cables and chargers all around. My car has USB-C and a useless wireless charging pad and I'm starting to travel more again. All that to say, I can't talk you out of it since I'm doing damage too. That cube is perfectly compact, perfect for overnight desk charging, and its 15% off right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.