Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to order the new iPhone 15?

• Total voters

donawalt

Contributor
Sep 10, 2015
Others have said this, but to repeat since the thread is long - you HAVE to go to UPS My Choice to great racking info. It will say on the Apple app "preparing to ship", but it has shipped. You will get shipping progress and a tracking number!

Now for my question - here is my progress - I have a tracking number - am I wave 1 or wave 2? Or do you need more info?
Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 6.45.46 PM.png

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013
Also, you pay sales tax on the entire price of the phone with carriers, versus Apple where you pay sales tax on the difference between full price and trade in value.
I don’t think this is true. On the trade-in page of Apple’s website, it says:

Trade-in value may be applied toward qualifying new device purchase, or added to an Apple Gift Card. Actual value awarded is based on receipt of a qualifying device matching the description provided when estimate was made. Sales tax may be assessed on full value of a new device purchase.

Reactions: Wolfs

mizzourah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2013
St. Louis, MO
What was your first ever iPhone?

Mine: iPhone 3GS - 2008. Been upgrading every single year since then. It’s 2023. 🤯

View attachment 2266359
I got the very first iPhone - I think I still have it somewhere but it's not worth anything because it's beat to hell but I stopped upgrading every year after the 11. But that was my first smart phone and I have never used any other brand.

POWERPLANTHOMER

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2021
did you check UPS MyChoice?
Yes, my wife’s phone is shipped. Mine is lagging behind. No tracking for it. Might be the last wave
Does your account work with packages not from Apple?

My account always does, the moment the label is created.
Yeah the UPS app works pretty good. It lists every package coming to my house. 😁

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
I paid taxes on the full amount here on my order from Apple. Always have, even with trade in.
Perhaps it depends on state and local laws. With carriers there is always sales tax on the price of the phone regardless of Local regulations. My Apple orders have always had sales tax charged only on the amount I paid after the instant trade in credit.

Reactions: Wolfs

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I have had two things stolen by FedEx. So I prefer UPS deliveries to my house
I have a wonderful FedEx driver now who I always give great reviews for. He saw me struggling with my pet supplies and knows I’m struggling with chronic joint pain and goes the extra bother of putting everything where I can easily pull it into the house.

But before we got him, there was some psycho who threw my acrylic aquarium against my garage door and ran like hell. He dented the door and the aquarium, which had been shipped in just a skimpy retail box was smashed into hazardous shards. I was holding a grudge against FedEx until the new guy came along.

One thing I do is always give stellar feedback. FedEx and Amazon let me give ratings and feedback and I do it without fail. I’ve gotten excellent service consistently now.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I had assumed I was in wave 2 since I’ve been preparing to ship since yesterday. However, no amount of different numbers in the track reference give me anything and neither does the mychoice app. 128gig pink iPhone 15, delivery date 9/22.
Really hoping for something as the day goes on :( Don’t leave me behind iPhone friends :)

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
I just want to get this off my chest. 😂

I’m never going to ask @rjjacobson to post his opinion/feedback for the products I recommend him for. Lesson learned. 🤪

@rjjacobson made me beg him to my knees for well over 6 months to convince him to upgrade to a new iPhone 15 Pro Max. He kept denying it and he kept saying he was going after the iPhone 16 Ultra. He is going to wait until next year (2024).

Fast forward to today.. he woke up early in the morning and placed his order. Go figure. 🤦🏻‍♀️
You also forget @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ I told you if the cameras have more than the rumors I would get it. And they did when I saw the keynote I was sold. It was interesting that the rumors missed most of the stuff about the cameras @TheYayAreaLiving 🎗️ there was truly one more thing.

Look at @SloRide™ he was considering a Pixel 8 and the cameras got him for the video abilities especially and the 5X telephoto.

Last edited:

jediandrew97

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2018
Thought I’d say hello! To everyone again. Can’t believe it’s been a year already and I’m pretty sure I’m in wave 2 as I have a 2:46PM origin scan. Hoping everyone’s new phones arrive safe and sound, going to a fun week of excitement!

rjjacobson

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2014
Flight Tracking Update

Good news, the inbound aircraft I think we've been waiting for is finally airborne. Just a tad later than scheduled. We are looking at a 7:08PM AKDT/10:08PM CDT arrival time to Anchorage. It will fuel up, swap crews and then head to Seoul. You can track this current flight here. It will then most likely go to Zhengzhou tomorrow morning (central time).

This plane should be taking our phones to Seoul and then Anchorage come tomorrow afternoon/evening (central time). These flights are the ones you've been waiting for.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. The real tracking starts tomorrow evening.

View attachment 2266406
Sounds great thanks for all the hard searching and research @FlightLevel310

xxray

macrumors 68040
Jul 27, 2013

blueeyes2die4

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2018
Yonkers,NY to San Antonio,TX
What was your first ever iPhone?

Mine: iPhone 3GS - 2008. Been upgrading every single year since then. It’s 2023. 🤯

View attachment 2266359
Original iphone
iPhone 3g
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5S
iPhone 6 plus
iPhone 7 plus
iPhone 8 plus
iPhone X
iPhone 11 Pro max
iPhone 12 Pro max
iPhone 13 Pro max
iPhone 14 pro max
And Friday iPhone 15 pro max

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.