Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iNICK20

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2014
T-Mobile has never offered their Protection 360 plan to you for your leased devices? I can’t believe that considering they’ve always gently placed it into every conversation I’ve had with them for new devices via JoD. It’s an extra $15/month and comes with AppleCare. As somebody explained earlier it is slightly different from your standard AppleCare+ from Apple but it is practically the same service.
Nope. I had it on my X for half a year I think? But I took it off, when Apple announced the Xs and the new AC+ Monthly plans. Since I'd be going thru Apple anyway, I'd figures its better for me to do it that way.

Reactions: vidjahgamz

chadmclark

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2016
Anyone have any experience with the clear Apple Cases? They are now making them for all the new phones and I’m wondering how the clearness holds up. I have always used Spigen cases but they yellow quickly and I end up replacing every couple of months.
Hate em!! Got one my kids Xr and it’s that really hard plastic; the kind you’d swear will break the phone taking it on and off!! No thanks

Reactions: Elwots

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO

bosox01

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
That's why I've found, after testing probably close to 100 different cases over the last few years, that these cases from Spigen are hands down the best clear cases on the market.

https://www.spigen.com/collections/...-max-case-ultra-hybrid?variant=12272240164911

These are I what I have used for years, the opportunity is that they do not stay clear for long.
[doublepost=1568589515][/doublepost]
Hate em!! Got one my kids Xr and it’s that really hard plastic; the kind you’d swear will break the phone taking it on and off!! No thanks

I won’t be taking off much, i’m interested in if they actually stay clear.

haileyscomet

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2016
Anyone have any experience with the clear Apple Cases? They are now making them for all the new phones and I’m wondering how the clearness holds up. I have always used Spigen cases but they yellow quickly and I end up replacing every couple of months.
I have that for my XR and it’s always a pain in the butt to take off if you want to switch cases. But it’s a nice-looking case, aside from the removal :)

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
do they process CC charges this late in the day?
Yes, it happens at any time. As they receive and catalog inventory received, those items are matched to orders (hopefully in the order received, but not always), and those that are matched to orders have the related card charged for any down payment/shipping information and a label is generated. If you get a label generated, you're likely not going to see or hear anything else until late Thursday afternoon or evening as they start moving through the UPS system en route to you.

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
We have movement

Attachments

• AAB4EBC1-1B6C-4C19-BC19-0B7FCED72726.png
    AAB4EBC1-1B6C-4C19-BC19-0B7FCED72726.png
    844.4 KB · Views: 198

nateatlarge

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 20, 2015
Washington State
Given the packaging dimensions and our assumption of 5% wasted space, we estimate that 600,000 iPhones could fit into a full 747 freighter and a 767 can have between 195,000 to 220,000 iPhones onboard

Vanilla Ice

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2011
Los Angeles
For anyone who wants to follow the planes:

https://flightaware.com/live/iphone

Planes originate in China, then go to Anchorage, Alaska, before heading down to Louisville, KY, then out to local distribution centers all over the US over the next few days.

I did this for the iPhone 6 release. Omg what a horrible experience. Waking up at midnight to pre order 2ea 6+ and T-Mobile’s website crashed. It was a mess. Watching those planes like crazy waiting for a confirmation that my phones have been shipped. Even though this time around my pre order for 2ea iPhone 11’s was a good experience (14 September @ 11:40a) I have a ship date of 21-24 September. I’ll force myself to stay away from flight aware lol.

Reactions: nateatlarge

Swbc8215

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
Some misinformation here.

#1. JOD leased phones DO NOT "come with" insurance. You need to insure with T-Mobile or Apple.
#2. T-Mobile DOES use Assurant for their insurance... but... T-Mobile's "Protection 360" comes with Applecare Services. So as long as you keep coverage through T-Mobile, you can take your phone to the Genius Bar for repairs (including $29 screen replacements). Assurant only comes into play if you need a replacement due to loss or theft.
#3. Choosing #2. Prevents you from subscribing to AppleCare + directly from Apple. I personally prefer to get Applecare + from Apple (monthly subscription). That way you can choose to include loss/theft coverage or not. I NEVER lose my phone. So on my XR, I only pay $7.99 for coverage. (Costs $9.99 for XS/XS Max). Or you can include the loss theft for $15. If you decide to switch carriers, you can keep the coverage because you are paying Apple directly. You'd lose AppleCare Services if you buy T-Mobile's insurance and later leave T-Mobile.

EDIT:
#4. I just read up on Apple's loss and theft coverage... it is also provided by Assurant.
Thank you for clarifying. For some reason I had thought the insurance was a requirement for JOD leasing. Appreciate the clarity, apologize for the misinformation.

md1801

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
St. Louis, MO
Given the packaging dimensions and our assumption of 5% wasted space, we estimate that 600,000 iPhones could fit into a full 747 freighter and a 767 can have between 195,000 to 220,000 iPhones onboard
If I get bored, I'll go back a few years because at one point, one of our threadmates posted a photo of the inside of his cargo plane laden with phones. It was an impressive sight, and might give someone who hasn't seen it an idea of just how many phones are on a plane in a visual sense.

Edit:

Found it!
https://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/15/iphone-deliveries-from-china/

Last edited:
Reactions: nateatlarge
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.