Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mfnd

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2011
The latest version of 9.2.1 that you would update to won't "brick" your device because of some work that has been done in it in relation to the screen or TouchID being replaced (it might disable TouchID though).
Brilliant. Many thanks. I'll try updating hen I get a chance. My phones been pestering me to update for a couple of months now. I assume it will automatically down,lad and install the newer update without the bricking feature? I know it's a dumb question but I'm not overly sure how this kind of thing works!

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Brilliant. Many thanks. I'll try updating hen I get a chance. My phones been pestering me to update for a couple of months now. I assume it will automatically down,lad and install the newer update without the bricking feature? I know it's a dumb question but I'm not overly sure how this kind of thing works!
Your best bet might be to connect to iTunes and update that way if you can, to make sure that the latest version gets downloaded and installed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.