Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Citroentaart

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2022
Replying to myself. It seems today's notice from SW update is RC build 13.3. (Release Candidate) But, this means official GA release should be coming very, very soon...maybe even next week.
Thank you! That's great news! I actually saw it yesterday as well. Hopefully this mess has finally been resolved.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
If there is an "official" method of reporting this to Apple I would like to know. The "feedback" page does not seem to be the correct place.

Join the Apple Developer program, there's a free tier.

When you are in the dev program, there's a different method for filing bug reports.

Bugs of all kinds get attention with dev bug reports. iPhone, Mac, tvOS, etc - even if they're not bugs directly involved with development. I suspect the public feedback has all sorts of weird stuff in it that's hard to parse and/or believe in many cases, so I think it gets ignored more often than not.

Reactions: pooh

jpWaller

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2023
I conducted a cursory test of SMB sharing under Ventura 13.3 BETA on a test macBook M1 set up as a server. The shared folders include custom attributes : icons, comments. All seems quite in order. It is likely that Ventura 13.3 has solved SMB sharing bugs.

Reactions: osplo

solouki

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2017
Hi all,

I know it makes no sense, but I believe that the macOS upgrade altered the extended attributes file on attached disks that disallowed SMB mounts. I found that by changing/adding/deleting an extended attribute fixes the extended attributes file on the disk thereby allowing for SMB mounts.

See https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/smb-mount-problem-solved.2382183/ for further information on how I discovered this.

Solouki

robetzel

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2015
Portland, OR
Now I'm seeing a new issue - after time (hours?) the mounted share is still connected, but what it's pointing to on the sharing system is the wrong drive. Both systems are running 13.3. The share icon also changes from custom icon to standard SMB shared drive icon. These seem to be independent issues however.

tedgrigg

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2023
After spending an hour with Apple senior tech support, file sharing does not work with both M series computers refusing to share file under Ventura 13.4.1c. Tried CCC remote and it cannot see the computers either. The problem has not been fixed.

MikeDr206

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2021
Unfortunately, the fix I posted above did not work long term for me. I have an M2 Pro Mini that I share an external hard drive of to serve as a Time Machine destination for a M1 MBA and an old Intel MBP.

when I reboot the computer, I lose file sharing. to get it back, I have to do this process at least once (and as many as four times):

1. remove external drive from file sharing
2. Turn off file sharing
3. Reboot
4. Turn on file sharing
5. Add drive back to file sharing

it typically takes do the above five steps two times before file sharing works again.

marstan

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2013
Unfortunately, the fix I posted above did not work long term for me. I have an M2 Pro Mini that I share an external hard drive of to serve as a Time Machine destination for a M1 MBA and an old Intel MBP.

when I reboot the computer, I lose file sharing. to get it back, I have to do this process at least once (and as many as four times):

1. remove external drive from file sharing
2. Turn off file sharing
3. Reboot
4. Turn on file sharing
5. Add drive back to file sharing

it typically takes do the above five steps two times before file sharing works again.
Same here but only have to do the procedure once. Have to do the same procedure for screen sharing as well.

Wish I could stand in front of the Apple team and yell: "What the f$@K is the primary purpose of a networked computer? Share files, right? Then...[well you know the rest]."

Reactions: MikeDr206
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.