Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Yes. We needed our own thread.

7+ 128GB in JB

Email confirmation came through at 12:24 Pacific. Original ship date 9/23. Deliver by 10/05. Change to wording today on Verizon shipment tracking page now says "Ship by: 10/05" instead of the original "Deliver by: 10/05".

Other than that, no movement or change whatsoever since minutes after 9/9.

Last edited:

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
I ordered a JB 7+ 256 at 3:11 AM EST with a 9/28 ship date. At this point, it's still processing, and I'm debating whether or not to cancel and order a MB, but its ship date has slipped to 10/19.

I'm waiting to see just how easily the JB scratches with normal use. I don't mind the fingerprints and would welcome the extra grippiness, but if using my iPhone naked would mean it getting scratched to hell, I might just have to go with MB.

I'd say stay true to the color you want. This really sucks right now but I'm reading a lot of Matte owners who wish they had gone with JB.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
My brother got his 7 MB, and as beautiful as that phone looks and feels, it does not compare to the JB. I saw a demo model and I wanted to steal it right off of the floor lol
Lol, right I'm thinking about canceling and going with the 256 mb which is being shipped oct 5th vs nov 23

roncito

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2015
Poconos PA
Lol, right I'm thinking about canceling and going with the 256 mb which is being shipped oct 5th vs nov 23
nooooooo!!!!!!
[doublepost=1474062882][/doublepost]
Ordered cases and screen protectors. Ready for my phone now ! :)
no case for me, i never have cases. These phones are made to be without a case! if anything I am considering a naked skin from https://www.slickwraps.com/ and they're having a BOGO

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
no case for me, i never have cases. These phones are made to be without a case! if anything I am considering a naked skin from https://www.slickwraps.com/ and they're having a BOGO[/QUOTE]

It's so delicate I'd break it lol specially my kids

Reactions: roncito

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
128 JB Plus, 9/9 2:06 AM Central confirmation email. Email says 10/5 delivery, link in email says 9/23.

Living on a prayer and a dream.

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
nooooooo!!!!!!
[doublepost=1474062882][/doublepost]
no case for me, i never have cases. These phones are made to be without a case! if anything I am considering a naked skin from https://www.slickwraps.com/ and they're having a BOGO
11/23, is a whole two months, should've known Verizon would drop the ball, something is telling me to stay out, so I'll just wait

Two Stacks

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2015
New Orleans
I was able to see and play with a 7 JB. It had no scratches on it, just fingerprints.

I'm happy with my decision to get the JB 7+. I like the home button, which im used to because of the watch, it feels easier to use. These 12 days will fly by. Haven't gotten email or order status change so I expect my phone to be waiting for me on the 28th.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
I was able to FINALLY get some answers about the "Jump the Line" request from a supervisor in the Core/Credit department that handles them. She told me that there were around 40 people that ordered 7+ Jet Black 128GB models that got bumped from 9/16 to 9/23 which is the next date. She confirmed that I was put back to my original date of 10/5 (currently it's 11/16) but it won't reflect online because the system isn't set up to do that.

She sent me an email from her personal work email address to follow up with her. So, there's hope! At least now I finally have some answers after getting no help from customer care reps and even Executive Relations. She confirmed the "JTL" request was approved and processed.

Reactions: Moore94

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
I was able to FINALLY get some answers about the "Jump the Line" request from a supervisor in the Core/Credit department that handles them. She told me that there were around 40 people that ordered 7+ Jet Black 128GB models that got bumped from 9/16 to 9/23 which is the next date. She confirmed that I was put back to my original date of 10/5 (currently it's 11/16) but it won't reflect online because the system isn't set up to do that.

She sent me an email from her personal work email address to follow up with her. So, there's hope! At least now I finally have some answers after getting no help from customer care reps and even Executive Relations. She confirmed the "JTL" request was approved and processed.
That's great, so hopefully us 11/23's will get bumped up too I pray

Hemifam

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
California

I personally do not agree with the JTL one bit makes no sense how one can put your order in front of someone who ordered way before someone else did just because someone called to complain... Maybe that is the reason some who ordered later got their phones shipped first for bugging the crap out of reps.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
I personally do not agree with the JTL one bit makes no sense how one can put your order in front of someone who ordered way before someone else did just because someone called to complain... Maybe that is the reason some who ordered later got their phones shipped first for bugging the crap out of reps.

Let's pretend for this post that you ACTUALLY know what you're talking about.

Go back and look at my latest posts. I ordered right at 2am CT last Friday. The CSR messed up my wife's order and we had to reorder three hours later. No fault of my own.

So I'm supposed to be inconvenienced according to you because someone else messed up? Are you kidding me?

Don't comment on things you don't understand. No one gets bumped up because they complained about something that they did wrong.

Go away. Go cry yourself to sleep whining about how your phone is late.

Reactions: Krissy_21
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.