Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
I’ve recently joined the yubikey club after a previous phone number of mine , accidentally left on one of my accounts, was used to to takeover my account. They replace my passkey and OTP with their own, locking me out of my own account!

RUCam10

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2024
Hey All,

I was having the same problem as all of you and not being able to reset my password and after the second try got a great customer service person who knew exactly what to do. BTW I have the same old apple ID as everyone else @Me.

So you can use your computer's password to reset your apple id password. Just go into system settings and it should be freaking out about how you need to sign into your apple id. Instead of putting in the known good password that you've been locked out of click that link for the forgot my password and it will allow you to use your computer's password to reset it. This worked for me and now I'm able to log in on all my devices again. Hope it works for others.

Tileigh80

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2024
Greenbrier Arkansas
I am so furious right now and I don’t know what to do! I had 10 purchases made totaling $189 made a couple of weeks ago. I have been on the phone with Apple hours in total. They have denied my refund requests and ended the claim. No more disputing they say. Someone went into Apple, changed my email, then changed my password (did not get one notification) and made a new Apple account with my name and used my password to make 10 purchases. All of the purchases were from Apple stores (songs, videos and such). Now they say it had nothing to do with them and it all happened because someone stole my debit card. The only way my card # was used is when my Apple ID account was compromised. The only way my card was used was to make Apple purchases through the account that it was changed and all through them! No one has my card info. Only the last 4 numbers.

They are saying that since they don’t show it and nothing was sent to my current email they have denied it. They changed my email! That’s the entire point. I will never have another Apple phone again! Not when this one is fully paid. It’s a new phone I hope I am making sense. Oh, they refunded 2 of them and refuse to refund any more.

• Wow
Reactions: MacHeritage

foxowl

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2024
6 months I have been dealing with this.

SIX

apple support = "dont worry"

now 2 apple IDs are locked out and my credentials are are not recognized for Yubikeys.

No option to use recovery contact/recovery 28 digit number/trusted number

I have been telling them for a long time things do not feel right.

yet they are so arrogant to tell me this will never happen and apple does not get viruses or anything of the sort.

extremely frustrated. and I have grown up with apple my whole life (started with an Apple IIe+)

• Wow

MacHeritage

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2022
British Columbia, Canada
6 months I have been dealing with this.

extremely frustrated. and I have grown up with apple my whole life (started with an Apple IIe+)
6 months? Have you tried going up the chain of command to get the top person for the situation? (I would guess so, but just checking) Something is just not right there at all!

foxowl

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2024
6 months? Have you tried going up the chain of command to get the top person for the situation? (I would guess so, but just checking) Something is just not right there at all!
I have spoken to easily 2 dozen senior advisors. Yes they say they are taking “ownership” yet never here back. Just a handful of emails with links. Many factory resets. Too many. Brand new M2 and 15Pro. 23,000 photos 30GB of music and more. I have given them the chance, been accommodating sent diagnostics and most of all patient but being human and the amount of money paid Apple is solely responsible now for turning me into a miserable person when I was pretty chill once before. I am very disappointed in this company that was once a great company that inspired many and gave hope. Now they are untrustworthy and only care about data on the consumer not the consumers data. They have lost their ways. Steve was obviously needed elsewhere and wish he was still here.

• Wow

whsbuss

macrumors 601
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
Two years ago I ordered an iMac which was stolen by FedEx (at least they never delivered it). After a few weeks of Apple tracking what happened, I pen'd an email to Tim Cook. I was contacted by consumer affairs and asked if I wanted a refund or new iMac. Within 2 weeks the new iMac arrived.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.