Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
Well, there is the Remote app on the Watch, to control both Apple TV and iTunes on your Mac.

I presumed that there was a remote app for the watch, but I figured it aould be better to use the one on the phone, because I can type things.

maikel7505

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2014
Spain
I would like to see my training in the workout app. I have to go to the iPhone if I want to check my last training

RvE-NL

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2015
Possibility to disable time travel. I never use it and it's only annoying when it is activated unintentionally
[doublepost=1464246566][/doublepost]
For the love of God, easier deleting of text messages or at least a mass delete option.
Push hard in the notifications and you can delete all in one push

Reactions: xDKP and naasrd

ZeChild

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Glasgow, UK
Well, there is the Remote app on the Watch, to control both Apple TV and iTunes on your Mac.

It's a nice function but they only recently updated the remote app to support Apple TV 4 and left out SIRI control, Not having the formal app ready for their brand new Apple TV was daft but not having the ability to control the Apple TV through the iPhone or Apple watch using SIRI was inept as this was one of the tent pole reasons for upgrading to the latest Apple TV.

Personally i'm in the situation where the bundled remote is of more use than the app. Was hoping to get away from that, until they properly support all functions through the app it's just a gimmick :-(

naasrd

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2008
Dublin, Ireland
Possibility to disable time travel. I never use it and it's only annoying when it is activated unintentionally

I've tried this and all I get is a new message alert.

chuyn

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2015
I believe he means in the actual Messages app on the watch. You can't "delete all" of the conversations there. What you suggested just quickly clears all the notifications in the pull-down screen

Reactions: JerTheGeek

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ

No no no I wanna delete the actual messages all at once, not just the notifications.

Reactions: ladytonya

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
It's a nice function but they only recently updated the remote app to support Apple TV 4 and left out SIRI control, Not having the formal app ready for their brand new Apple TV was daft but not having the ability to control the Apple TV through the iPhone or Apple watch using SIRI was inept as this was one of the tent pole reasons for upgrading to the latest Apple TV.

Personally i'm in the situation where the bundled remote is of more use than the app. Was hoping to get away from that, until they properly support all functions through the app it's just a gimmick :-(
Yeah, I'm with you on that: the Watch app is good for basic navigation, but that's about it. I'm not really all that enamoured of the hardware remote either (and my wife absolutely HATES it). Can never tell which way is up.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
For the AppleTV (mainly my previous-gen 720p version), the AW's Remote app sends swipes and taps with better reliability than the iPhone app or my [older style] hardware remote. Don't know why, either.

Another feature I've realized I would like, but don't really need, would be the ability to re-sort faces I've created. I've added a couple variants lately, and I like them a lot, but they're all the way to the right, while my most-used variants are to the left. I could whittle down my stash and redo them without too much effort, but it could be nice to put a new favorite next to my older favorites. I don't know what the user interaction would need to be without overly complicating the face-choosing process, though.

Bob190

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2015
Allow use of physical buttons (crown and friends button) to start, stop, and end a workout. It is really difficult to do using the touch screen when you sweat. This should have been in version 1.0.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Allow use of physical buttons (crown and friends button) to start, stop, and end a workout. It is really difficult to do using the touch screen when you sweat. This should have been in version 1.0.
(mentioned this in another thread)
Have you tried doing a Force Press and tapping the End button which pops up?

moxxham

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 8, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I've updated the layout of my Wishlist so it's a tad easier to read! You guys are coming up with some pretty cool stuff I didn't even think of!

Bob190

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2015
(mentioned this in another thread)
Have you tried doing a Force Press and tapping the End button which pops up?

Oh yeah .. that's what I normally do. But even that takes 7 or 8 tries when your hands are sweaty to press the end button which is virtual. In the meantime the average pace for your last mile goes from 8:00/mile to 10:00/mile while you try repeatedly to end the workout and the clock keeps running.

No reason why the otherwise useless friends button couldn't be used in the workout app to start/stop/pause a workout.

Last edited:
Reactions: xDKP

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
Workouts
  • Specific workout links on watch face. (E.g. A link to outdoor walk as an icon that when selected, instantly starts that workout)
  • More workout options
  • Ability to edit workout length; in case you forgot to pause it.
  • Ability to dictate notes to a workout. For example, if you workout with 'other' at the gym, once you complete the workout, you could put in the exercises you did, weights you usued etc. You can view and edit them in the iPhone too. This way you can track how many weight sets you went up or other basic things like that.

I may have missed someone else requesting this:

The ability to keep the watch on all the time as a 3rd option.

I know the battery drains faster and I'm ok with that.

During workouts, I'm constantly glancing at both my watch and iPhone for my progress.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I may have missed someone else requesting this:

The ability to keep the watch on all the time as a 3rd option.

I know the battery drains faster and I'm ok with that.

During workouts, I'm constantly glancing at both my watch and iPhone for my progress.
I'd be interested in that. The battery is alway great for me anyway so would be interesting to try out, even if just for certain occasions.

Reactions: PaladinGuy

Exinor

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
Just wanted to put in my two cents on stuff that I'd like in the next update:

1. The ability to turn on personal hotspot from my watch on my phone
  2. Maps application to display multiple transit route options when looking for directions
  3. The ability to make a call from my watch but have it happen on my phone.
  4. Fixing a strange bug where app logos don't load properly if they're auto installed from the phone.
  5. The ability to add at least one or two extra complications to the photos watch face.
That's all I can think of for now, may update it later.

EDIT:

6. The ability to check the battery of both the watch and my phone through my watch.

Reactions: AppleDavid

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
6. The ability to check the battery of both the watch and my phone through my watch.

There is already a battery monitor for both iPhone and AW somewhere that I saw.

When I run across that monitoring, I will let you know.

Looking at your list, it occurred to me that I would want a continuity from AW to iPhone to iPad and MAC.

I think that data and information flow will inevitably evolve because our data is in many areas.

Perhaps the next Siri is a step towards that as Siri shows up on the MAC.

"Hey Siri, search all my devices and apps and tell me ...."

Exinor

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
There is already a battery monitor for both iPhone and AW somewhere that I saw.

When I run across that monitoring, I will let you know.

Looking at your list, it occurred to me that I would want a continuity from AW to iPhone to iPad and MAC.

I think that data and information flow will inevitably evolve because our data is in many areas.

Perhaps the next Siri is a step towards that as Siri shows up on the MAC.

"Hey Siri, search all my devices and apps and tell me ...."

Thanks for searching--I believe I can see the battery information on my phone (for both), but not on my watch itself, unless there's a 3rd party app or other function that I'm missing there.

Handoff has already helped streamline continuity between devices, and they do it to a certain extent from watch to phone through the Maps app (pleasantly surprised), but maybe they can make that much more robust.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
Possibility to disable time travel.

What?

We've (I) have wanted time travel since Jules Verne first wrote about it.

Since Back to the Future first came out.

Even the Simulation Theory ( Elon Musk style) may involve time travel.

Now that we have time travel, in what ever form, let's suppress any urges to rid of what we have now.

AW 10.0 time travel may actually work to replace short space travel, replace jet packs, maybe even elevators.

The Matrix of the future may prove to have its origin in the AW time travel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.