Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
  • Siri on watch to control Apple TV (e.g Siri, play American horror story on my Apple TV)

How about Airplay from the AW to the TV or computer screen?

I could share viewing with others and I could feel that I have a HUGE screen to play with.

Exinor

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2010
By the way, did you ever find that complication/function for looking at your iphone's battery on the watch? I found one through the app store today but it costs two dollars, and I'm hesitant to buy it because I feel Apple will include it in a watchOS update sooner or later.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
By the way, did you ever find that complication/function for looking at your iphone's battery on the watch? I found one through the app store today but it costs two dollars, and I'm hesitant to buy it because I feel Apple will include it in a watchOS update sooner or later.

The drop down function on the iPhone works well enough to check on the battery for all bluetooth devices.

It's not important to warrant special attention on the AW at this time.

Battery capacity is not an issue for me since I always have access to a cable and/or battery stick.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Have always wanted a watch face like the Pebble with the time in words like

two
thirty
eight

On the Pebble the eight would slide out to the left as 'nine' slid in from the right.

Reactions: JerTheGeek

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
Instead of double clicking the side button to go to the previous app, it would be great if it brought up a task switcher.
I don't think there's enough memory on the watch for this to matter. I think I've read that only one application runs at one time.

JerTheGeek

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
Have always wanted a watch face like the Pebble with the time in words like

two
thirty
eight

On the Pebble the eight would slide out to the left as 'nine' slid in from the right.
I loved that face on my old pebble so I totally agree with this. I'm sure if we eventually get third party faces someone will come up with that one.

rockyromero

macrumors 6502
Jul 11, 2015
I wanted remote video recording.

And now it shows up from multiple apps. Magically appearing.

Now I want to control multiple iPhones for video recording to turn on/off.

I would also like turn the screens off on the iPhones to keep from draining the batteries.

Having a 4 iPhone recording setup is great for editing and backup purposes.

There is an existing app that does this already and it has not ventured to the AW yet.

This is great video pioneering fun in the making. Today.

Now if Periscope can get in the same game, periscoping will reach a higher and more interesting level.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I would like to have a way to browse the podcasts on my phone. I don't follow that many, but it would be nice to find one from the watch quickly to listen to.

I'd also like a way to scrub through music or podcasts on the watch.

Geoff Dollar

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2016
Scotland
I thought I would create an official watch OS 3 Wishlist! Put down the features you'd love to see in the new os.

I'll keep adding more as I think of them

Mine are:

Watch Faces
  • Dynamic watch faces - let me explain. It would be great to set up time dependant complications and notifications. In the morning once your alarm is turned off, that complication disappears and is replaced by the activity complication. If your watch is charged over night, when you put the Apple Watch on, the battery complication will disappear and be replaced by weather. Just simple things like this would be great. It would really stop you from changing different faces all the time to suit your needs. The watch would predict, based on your usage, which complications would suit you and at what time.
  • New watch faces. I'd love some planet themed motion faces
  • More customisation of your custom photo watch faces
Siri
  • Siri on watch to control Apple TV (e.g Siri, play American horror story on my Apple TV)
  • Siri with audio
Workouts
  • Specific workout links on watch face. (E.g. A link to outdoor walk as an icon that when selected, instantly starts that workout)
  • More workout options
  • Ability to edit workout length; in case you forgot to pause it.
  • Ability to dictate notes to a workout. For example, if you workout with 'other' at the gym, once you complete the workout, you could put in the exercises you did, weights you usued etc. You can view and edit them in the iPhone too. This way you can track how many weight sets you went up or other basic things like that.
Apps and notifications
  • Notes App
  • Sleep tracking app
  • Podcast app
  • Weather notifications for upcoming events e.g. rain, storm or snow
  • More dynamic apps! E.g. A motion weather app, like on iPhone with animations.
  • Find my iPhone app
Misc.
  • When in low power mode, place the time directly in the centre, rather than on the side. (Very minor improvement)
  • Backup watch to iCloud
[doublepost=1473257603][/doublepost]The most significant update would be to create a much larger userbase which requires a lower priced range

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.