Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDDavis

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2009
I'll make it easy. If we don't hear from jguillemin17 before 2pm EDT tomorrow, May 5th (48 hours after I announced the winner), you choose the theme for this week. So start thinking. ;)

Hope that's OK with everyone. Seems to be within the rules.

OK. Hopefully he will chime in before then. I have a regular 2pm meeting everyday at work (fun stuff) so I may be a little late but if there is nothing up by then I will post a new one.

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Thanks Beatzfreak for the feedback. Good choices! BTW, I think/hope you meant BEAR WITH not BARE WITH!

I agree with you on the photo. I was just disappointed that, as a novice, I didn't have anything to place into the contest so grabbed the camera when I saw the windmills. Took the same road again today and took another. (I know, shouldn't be shooting while driving.) Does this have a focal point or is the whole concept just silly? Thanks again. These contests are a lot of fun for an "old guy" with a new hobby!

HA. I was waiting for someone to correct me on the bear / bare thing.:D

The concept is not silly at all. I love it, very creative. This new photo is much better. Your focal point is in the mirror. The problem is, too much uninteresting sky. It may have worked better near sunset when the sky may have some orange in it, making those windmills pop. I grew up in the SF bay area and know how difficult the sky can be with all that haze. I hope that helps.

Also, I took a look at your flickr photos. Some really nice stuff. There is a photo of the balloon with the fire shooting into it. That would have been a great entry for this contest.

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
OK. Hopefully he will chime in before then. I have a regular 2pm meeting everyday at work (fun stuff) so I may be a little late but if there is nothing up by then I will post a new one.

That's fine. Don't worry about it and have fun picking a new theme.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.