Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

F23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Hmm...so the new one is heavier in the box. I have to assume that there's some other reason for that because from what I've heard the new one seems to be the same weight or lighter.
i think simply due to the aluminum keyboard area it will weigh the same or more regardless of being thinner. but now with the main weight being at the bottom, the whole thing may not be as top heavy

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
i think simply due to the aluminum keyboard area it will weigh the same or more regardless of being thinner. but now with the main weight being at the bottom, the whole thing may not be as top heavy
I don't think they're making any weight sacrifices. I think they could have easily made the polyurethane keyboard lighter, but they added bulk to it on purpose to counterweight the iPad. Now that the iPad is lighter they don't need to add as much bulk.

Reactions: kilimanjaro

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
Not sure what MK is, but the viewing angles will not be an issue, due to the OLED screen.
MK = Magic Keyboard

I didn’t mean the viewing angles on the tablet itself but when it’s mounted on the keyboard. Will the new hinge allow more or less tilting when the tablet is on the keyboard

• Love
Reactions: jazz1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.