Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThatsMeRight

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
The title says everything: What accessories are you going to buy?

For me, that would be the following:

- iPad case
- Apple Wireless Keyboard for both iPad and Mac.
- iPad dock

I will use the iPad case to save my iPad in, to use it up-standing (top picture) and to use it flat-keyboard-like (bottom picture).

I'm going to buy the Apple Wireless Keyboard because 1) I don't have a bluetooth keyboard at all. 2) It's more portable than the iPad dock keyboard, and it's wireless. 3) Because than I will also be able to type in landscape-mode. With the iPad dock keyboard you'll only be able to type in portrait mode.

And I'm going to use the iPad dock just to put it on, and again for typing with the wireless keyboard (in portrait mode). The case I will use for typing in landscape mode.

22333929.png

racer1441

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2009
Case ordered day 1.

Figure down the road I'll need the VGA adapter. Maybe the desk stand/keyboard.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Sep 3, 2009
I'm going to buy the Apple Case and most likely the Camera Connection Kit. I thought about the dock but then realized maybe the camera connection is a better use. I'm waiting to reserve the 3G iPad so hopefully it should be out by then.

gwynne

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2010
Keyboard, for me, defeats the entire purpose of this device.

I like the look and concept of the case, but I suspect other third-party companies will do it better and cheaper. I definitely want one with a kickstand.

chriszzz

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2008
I'll get the case, dock, and camera kit.

I already have a bluetooth keyboard I'll use with it.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
Other companies may cheaper, better quality cases - even with a kickstand, but I have yet to see one that will also function as the typing platform. That is the key design element for me. I would jump on a higher quality case that had that feature as well, but I have yet to see one offered.

uberamd

macrumors 68030
May 26, 2009
Minnesota
I pre-ordered mine with the case and the dock, those seem like the most useful accessories to me. But the case ships mid April? Yikes, I would prefer them ship at the same time.

ipadorder.png

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2009
I ordered the 64GB WiFi version yesterday along with the case and dock. I figured the case is good protection outside the house and the dock will make it a picture frame or a stand for recipes in the kitchen.

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
I'm going to get the Case and Dock when I pick my 64GB WiFi up on launch day, and I already have a Bluetooth Keyboard that came with my 2008 iMac that I'll be using with it. :D

The Case because I need something to protect it when not in use, and I'll be using it to prop it up to type or watch video.

The Dock for syncing, charging, hooking up to speakers and whatnot.

The wait is kiiillliinngg meeee!!! :mad:

~Austin:apple:

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
With the cases be available launch day? They aren't shipping until later so if they are available in store on launch day I will be surprised.

Well I'd hope they have a different inventory of accessories that they're going to send out to stores! :eek:
They better have all of the accessories in stores on launch day, that'd be totally screwing offline buyers over if not... Doesn't sound very Apple-y to me to not have them available..

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I want the Apple case but since they apparently did not make enough to ship at the same time as the iPad, I'm on the lookout for a 3rd party case that looks as nice, is as functional, and slim. Any tips?

capitanbuzo

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2007
I ordered between 5:33-5AM on Friday and I am getting a ship by April 3rd date for the iPad case. The keyboard dock, though, does not ship til April 15 for delivery on April 20th.

Attachments

• ordership2.png
    ordership2.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 191

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I'll only buy the case. Same with my iPhone - just a case. When connected to the computer, it's just lying on the desk. No big deal.

Only difference is that in this case the case (ha) is much spiffier.

GadgetX

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2010
I'm going to go with a third-party sleeve. Other than that I'm going to wait awhile and see what other manufactures come out with as far as docks and keyboards, should be cheaper than apple.

sjsharks13

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
I bought the case.

It say's middle of April

was it always middle of April with the case?

dont think so, I ordered my ipad/case at 6AM and it days ship by the 3rd. Sounds like they didnt expect so many pre-orders on the case.

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
My order is timestamped 5:53 AM

IPAD WI-FI 64GB-USA
Ships: DELIVERS ON 4/3

IPAD CASE-ZML
Ships: BY APRIL 3RD

IPAD DOCK-ZML
Ships: BY APRIL 3RD

IPAD 10W USB POWER ADAPTER-USA
Ships: Late April

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.