Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What Brand of Camera

• Nikon

Votes: 64 35.4%
  • Canon

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Konica Minolta

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Olympus

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • Fuji

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Sony

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • Other

Votes: 16 8.8%

• Total voters

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I just got a Nikon D60. The primary reason for going with Nikon is because that is what my boss uses at work. I am able to use some of the lenses that he has, and if I run into any trouble, there's a better chance of him knowing what to adjust than if I had bought a Canon. The other manufacturers weren't really a consideration.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Upgraded from a bridge p+s last summer... found a steal on craigslist for a Panasonic L1 kit while doing my dslr research. I was going to go with Canon because of its reputation for fine lenses, but it worked out ok because Olympus also has a reputation for the finest glass. (Panasonic and Olympus and Leica 4/3 consortium)Thus I have three manufacturers to choose from for lenses and bodies, and Sigma lenses are coming in to the 4/3 line up as well.

It actually was a stumble into luck on my part since the L1 is set up for easy control with a shutter speed dial, aperture ring functionality and a 2x sensor magnification factor. I never have to menu dive while shooting. Next I will get an Olympus weather sealed body to go with my Oly weather sealed lenses since I am very happy with overall performance of the 4/3 system (not an indoors poor light shooter I live in sunny Floriduh);):D

legacyb4

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Pentax DSLR | Canon G9 P&S

Started off in film, left for a while to go digital on Canon, now back on a Pentax K10D body. Glad I came back too!

Need to look at liquidating my Canon lenses at some point to free up some cash.

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
that's actually a very good point, given that Konica Minolta (two former seperate companies) are now underneath Sony and should have been one brand in the polls.

Okay, let's simplify the poll just a bit...

Variant #1:

Which brand of camera do you use?

1) Nikon
2) Not Nikon

Variant #2:

Which brand of camera do you use?

1) Nikon
2) One of the lesser brands

:p :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.