Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metalarmed

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
I just ordered shure's e2c earphones. I never tried ones that go inside the ear canal and am afraid that I might not like them. What earphones do you use?

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
I'm actually using the Zune earbuds right now because I have them handy and I don't want to draw iPod Attention.

I've got a pair of Apple In-Ear Headphones, which sound lovely but have truly crappy fit.

I'm probably going to be saving up for a nice pair of Shure or Sennheiser in-ear headphones, whichever are better.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
I've always just used the ones that come with it. I have another pair of headphones, but they're reserved for the laptop.

kman79

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2007
Shure E5Cs. Looking at getting the newer ones if I can managed to get rid of these.

LaceEm

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2007
A pair of Etymotic ER-6i's. Love them to pieces. They go inside your ear, but you need to get the propper sized flange to make it comfy. They have great sound isolation, and pure sound. They use low powered drivers so that the ipod can drive them easily, creating the best sound. mmmm. cant wait to try them out on the new touch.

daibach

macrumors member
Jul 7, 2005
London
Been using a pair of Shure E4c for over a year with my 5G iPod. They're expensive (cost more than my iPod!) but excellent. Plan to carry on using them with the Touch.

SirCrumpet

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
A pair of Etymotic ER-6i's. Love them to pieces. They go inside your ear, but you need to get the propper sized flange to make it comfy. They have great sound isolation, and pure sound. They use low powered drivers so that the ipod can drive them easily, creating the best sound. mmmm. cant wait to try them out on the new touch.

Amen to that.

MaTiCeK

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2006
Sennheiser all the way.

CX300 are my favourite inear phones.Yes there are better solutions out there, but I can't aford them. Watch out for the fakes though!

At home I use the HD 435 headphones, they seem an outstanding product to me.

And then I have 2 more from sennheiser, the PMX60 and MX300. The first are great value for money, the second, are OK and I like them especially for not drawing iPod attention in the public.

jockmock

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2007

+1
I'm actually thinking of upgrading to Er-4p... I have to get the money first though :D

voi666

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2007
i couldn't live w/o my 'koss porta pro'.
i just can't stand those tiny in-ear thingys.

iShak

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2006
Sennheiser all the way.

CX300 are my favourite inear phones.Yes there are better solutions out there, but I can't aford them. Watch out for the fakes though!

At home I use the HD 435 headphones, they seem an outstanding product to me.

And then I have 2 more from sennheiser, the PMX60 and MX300. The first are great value for money, the second, are OK and I like them especially for not drawing iPod attention in the public.

+1 .. I am on my second pair of cx300, first one broke at the seam joining the rubber cord to the earpiece, it had a matte back, got a replacement under manufacturers warranty and this one has a shiny black back :S

both bought at the PCworld store so can't be fakes, the last one was made in Japan and this one is made in China :S

but one of the best earphones around ... I also own a pair of super.fi 5 pro's but I don't use them often ..

soundr

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2012
I just ordered shure's e2c earphones. I never tried ones that go inside the ear canal and am afraid that I might not like them. What earphones do you use?

I love the Xtrememac FS-1s that I have. You can get foam inserts (similar to ear plugs with a hole down the center) these make ear buds comfortable, and create a good seal so you get better bass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.