Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What iPhone Are You Getting?

• Total voters

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Still in the "not upgrading" camp. Could change. Right now, not likely. Good sign of that is I woke up today and read all the pre-order tales and didn't have one pang of jealousy or feeling I was missing out.

Reactions: gemnilocs

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
Still in the "not upgrading" camp. Could change. Right now, not likely. Good sign of that is I woke up today and read all the pre-order tales and didn't have one pang of jealousy or feeling I was missing out.

Your jealously starts when people start receiving their new iphones and orders are back ordered by two months.

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007

I think you mean envy unless you think someone's going to take your phone away.

Reactions: pat500000

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I'm waiting for the iPhone X, going to go with 64GB I think in silver. Still unsure if I will get Apple Care+ this time around or not, anyone know if it's worth getting?

ValhallaOutcast

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2017
I'm waiting for the iPhone X, going to go with 64GB I think in silver. Still unsure if I will get Apple Care+ this time around or not, anyone know if it's worth getting?

I don't understand Apple Care unless I am reading it wrong

Canada Prices
$199 AC
2 accidental drops covered
49 to replace screen

so even if your clumbsy and use both

300 for 2 new screens

but isn't a screen without coverage $150? so what are you saving

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
I don't even know what that means. Last I checked "pang of jealousy" is long for "envy" not fear of theft.

In the past, the correct usage was:

envy = desiring what belongs to another
jealousy = apprehension that what you have is desired by another

The words have been misused for so long that they've almost become synonymous.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I don't understand Apple Care unless I am reading it wrong

Canada Prices
$199 AC
2 accidental drops covered
49 to replace screen

so even if your clumbsy and use both

300 for 2 new screens

but isn't a screen without coverage $150? so what are you saving

Here in the U.K it's £25 for a screen replacement which is a great price. I've never had Apple care in the past, I usually use a case and I'm not very clumsy.

archi_130w1

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2016
I'm probably one of those jerks that will have hate spewed upon them for lack of financial finesse, but I am getting the 8+ sim free... and may trade it in for the X if it seems more appealing and IF... I can get my hands on one...

SharepointGuy

macrumors member
Mar 28, 2011
Rhode Island
I've been tracking a bunch of these threads the last week or so and it's interesting. Right after launch, the iPhone 8/8+ crowd was at roughly 44% with over 500 results. iPhone X was similarly at about 48% and undecideds were at about 8%. I wonder now that the preorder has come and gone if those numbers will hold or will we see a giant shift in one direction or the other. I'll be picking up the 256 GB X though.

Bigserver1

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
256GB 8+ in space grey.

$4 extra a month on the IUP for double the storage (had a 128GB 7+), and all of the other benefits from the new phone. I'm not in love enough with the X to sacrifice the screen size and Touch ID for now. I may regret it in November, but I doubt it.

Rob198612

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2014
Miami
have been tempted all day and almost ordered the 8+ but what I really want is the X! buying two one for me and one for the wife! hoping at 3am on the 27th it won't be so bad!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
In the past, the correct usage was:

envy = desiring what belongs to another
jealousy = apprehension that what you have is desired by another

The words have been misused for so long that they've almost become synonymous.

Right but if you must be pedantic in 2017 there are multiple correct usages of the word "jealousy." In my use please see definition #1. I think you are referring to #5. Neither are wrong but I wasn't using the word as you interpreted it.

adjective
feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often followed by of):
He was jealous of his rich brother.

feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often followed by of):
He was jealous of his brother's wealth.

characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment:
a jealous rage; jealous intrigues.

inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims:
a jealous husband.

solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something:
The American people are jealous of their freedom.

Bible. intolerant of unfaithfulness or rivalry:
The Lord is a jealous God.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.