Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What iPhone Are You Getting?

• Total voters

stabile007

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I am getting the 8+ whether I keep it or not depends a bit on the Pixel 2 announcement I think though we largely know plenty about the phone already. Or I may just keep my 7+ in the end and return the 8+.

I am passing on the X I really want to see how things pan out with the FaceID first not that I have concerns about its accuracy more though about all the times I want to unlock my phone while not looking at it and how well it will work. Like in the car when I want to change a podcast or something. By the time the reviews come out the pre-orders would have come and gone and the phone will be sold out likely until early next year. So by that point I would just wait for gen 2 of it to hit the market.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
X. it's time for an "upgrade" even though i wish it still had touchID somewhere along with removing the notch but i'm still getting the X. i've had my iPhone 6 since launch and tired of the same thing. i know it's not much different but it will be certainly faster.

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Pre ordered the 8 Plus at 3am, the smoothest iPhone pre-order I have ever had by the way.
It's a decent upgrade for me from my now aging 2014 6 Plus. Yeah, its the same design, but I actually like it.

Not sold on the new X, maybe in a year or two with hopefully a newer design also.

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I'm waiting for the iPhone X, going to go with 64GB I think in silver. Still unsure if I will get Apple Care+ this time around or not, anyone know if it's worth getting?
On Apple Care . . . oh yeah. I always get Apple Care with my Apple devices/computers. I would have been up the creek if I hadn't. Last year was the first time I ever dropped my iPhone and cracked the screen (have had iPhones ever since they first came out). It only dropped a short distance. I think it was the angle at which it hit the floor that was a contributing factor. I know that Apple Care will be more expensive but I'm willing to pay the cost.

Reactions: Dave245

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I'm using a iPhone 6 Plus with a broken screen. It's 3 years old this month. So I'm due for a treat. I was leaning to a 7 plus and saving some money but I don't know if I want a phone that's already been out a year.

So I think I may try and order a X 64gb space grey when there ready for preorder.

allthingsapple!

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2014
I got the 8 256GB in gold in exchange for my rose gold 128 7 Plus. I love the larger screen of the plus but I like being able to use my phone with one hand more.

mfm77

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2012
NJ
I currently have the 6. While I want the X, I (like many others) really have a hard time justifying the $1000 price tag, even if I do pay monthly installments. I can afford the installments, but it's the principle of the thing, paying $55 per month for a phone. The 8+ looks pretty solid, and Verizon has a good trade-in offer that will lower the cost even more. I'm wondering if that offer also will apply to the X - highly doubtful. The X screen is gorgeous, and I'm okay with Face ID, but the price, the potential for a better all-screen iPhone next year, and - to a lesser extent - the notch have me thinking long and hard about what I'll do.

spades1412

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2009
If I wasn't on the iPhone upgrade program, I would not be upgrading this year from my 7. I'm not paying $1k+ for the X & the 8 just doesn't provide much improvement over the 7. But since I'm 1 year into the program and still have half the device to pay off, it only makes sense to upgrade. Ill be saving a couple dollars a month by upgrading to the 8.

nilk

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
Planning to go from a 6S to an SE. I've always wanted to try returning to a smaller sized phone, and now is probably a good time since the SE has the same processing power and rear camera as the 6S, so I haven't gotten accustomed to significantly better hardware. I have a 5S lying around, so I have an idea of what this will be like.

If I was buying one of the new models, I'd get an 8+. I'd like them to iterate on the software side of things a bit before I get something like the X and it's new iteration model.

Indigovalley

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
Minnesota, USA
I'm getting the 8 Plus 256 GB gold in exchange for my 7 Plus 128 GB black phone. Updating mostly for the camera and a few other features. I really wish they had offered a 128 GB version though...

Reactions: cracksoup

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
iPhone X 64GB Space Gray...

When I went to the Apple Store and inquired about the color selection for the iPhone X, they pointed to a matte black on display. I was confused because, online, it didn't look like a gray at all. Any way they said the colors are the space gray (really matte black) and sliver.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.