Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What iPhone Are You Getting?

• Total voters

TravisPNW

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2017
Renton, WA
I'm upgrading from the 6s Plus to a 256GB 8 Plus... and from an Air 2 to a 256GB 12.9 iPad Pro.

Best value. Not interested in the X.

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
Right but if you must be pedantic in 2017 there are multiple correct usages of the word "jealousy." In my use please see definition #1. I think you are referring to #5. Neither are wrong but I wasn't using the word as you interpreted it.

adjective
feeling resentment against someone because of that person's rivalry, success, or advantages (often followed by of):
He was jealous of his rich brother.

feeling resentment because of another's success, advantage, etc. (often followed by of):
He was jealous of his brother's wealth.

characterized by or proceeding from suspicious fears or envious resentment:
a jealous rage; jealous intrigues.

inclined to or troubled by suspicions or fears of rivalry, unfaithfulness, etc., as in love or aims:
a jealous husband.

solicitous or vigilant in maintaining or guarding something:
The American people are jealous of their freedom.

Bible. intolerant of unfaithfulness or rivalry:
The Lord is a jealous God.

I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that to feel better about yourself. :D

uecker87

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
Madison, WI
I am still using my 6S+... I need an upgrade only because I was an idiot and went with the 16GB model.

At this time, I am waiting to see what the Pixel XL 2 ends up being. I was a fan of the original LG designed Nexus 5, so an LG designed Pixel XL sounds pretty decent to me. Would be hard to leave the iOS ecosystem now though, so who knows. Might end up buying the 64GB S+ in a couple months if any deals pop up around the holidays. I can say with 100% certainty though that I will not be purchasing the iPhone X.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I'm sorry that you had to go through all of that to feel better about yourself. :D

Well it's actually the opposite. You felt the need to correct me so YOU could feel superior. I read your post and wanted to make sure I wasn't misusing the word -- I would have thanked you if I was because using a word wrong just makes you look silly. But I wanted you to know there were other meanings of the word in 2017 that you apparently were not familiar with or you wouldn't have tried to correct me. :)

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
Well it's actually the opposite. You felt the need to correct me so YOU could feel superior. I read your post and wanted to make sure I wasn't misusing the word -- I would have thanked you if I was because using a word wrong just makes you look silly. But I wanted you to know there were other meanings of the word in 2017 that you apparently were not familiar with or you wouldn't have tried to correct me. :)

But I didn't have to search the internet to compose my reply. Haha!

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
But I didn't have to search the internet to compose my reply. Haha!

That is the point -- you should have because your post was wrong about the meaning regarding my use of the word. Got it now? The joke is on you. :D

OTOH I don't position myself as a know-it-all in vocabulary so when someone points out a potential error I've made, yes, I want to check it out and verify it rather than just assume I'm right because I'm me.

cracksoup

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2014
Still “not upgrading”. It could change if reviews are really good for the iPhone X though.

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
That is the point -- you should have because you were wrong about the meaning regarding my use of it. Got it now? The joke is on you. :D

OTOH I don't position myself as a know-it-all in vocabulary so when someone points out a potential error I've made, yes, I want to check it out and verify it rather than just assume I'm right because I'm me.

Since you've invested so much emotional energy into this matter, I'll give you half credit for using a word incorrectly since 90% of other English speakers do the same. It's a common mistake. Hold your head up. Don't fret.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Since you've invested so much emotional energy into this matter, I'll give you half credit for using a word incorrectly since 90% of other English speakers do the same. It's a common mistake. Hold your head up. Don't fret.

You are amusing -- although I probably didn't use that word right.

Hustler1337

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2010
London, UK
On the bright side, you can use android with osx if you have macs.
Yep I have a Mac and the iCloud integration is what kept me from switching to Android. But I've slowly been doing some research over the last few months and prepping myself to switchover to android by finding apps that work cross-platform and suit my needs.

pat500000

Suspended
Jun 3, 2015
Reactions: Hustler1337

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
What features made you want to upgrade being that you have a 7+ which is not that far off from the 8+?
There were a couple. I had wireless charging on previous android phones and I liked the convienance of it. Also the speed and camera are improved.

Sadly, I’m just a tech nerd who loves new gadgets

michial

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
Upgraded from 7 Plus
To 8 plus. Same cpu and gpu as the X but faster and more powerful due to the fewer pixels and screen type.

Mortis360

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2013
Norway
I'm going from an iPhone 7 128GB to a iPhone X 256GB in Space Gray. The improved camera seems like it might be a good replacement for my system camera that I dont use too much.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
iPhone X 256gb black for me. Out of interest, I’m in the uk and we can still order an 8 or 8 plus for collection next Friday. Now, I’ve never known that before. Usually if you don’t place an order in the first 3 minutes you’ll have a longer wait. Must be people waiting for the x?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.