Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrk123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
This happened to me as well. The reason this happens is, that Apple usually change their Servers during such a long time. (your device is from 2011 - a whopping 13 year old device). I would advice to download HighSierra first onto a separate HDD or onto your MacBook Pro first. Once you have HighSierra, you can install it from there. Here is procedure you can follow:

But you can also do a mutable flash drive. That's also a very good foolproof method, that works:

Hope this helps
In these videos. He’s already logged o to his computer. He had an OS. I don’t.

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
Its absolutely unbelievable how well those older MacBooks hold up. I am writing this on my trusty 2010 17' MBP. I have many great memories and this laptop guided me through thick and thin over 14 years now. Its truly stunning what the internet can do IF you are willing to learn and spent the time to postpone purchases.
I still have me trusty ole BMW e39 from 1996. Thanks to YouTube, I did learn any and every maintenance task possible on this car, so it runs super nice. It really pays off to build up know-how over time. Same with Apple devices. Don't underestimate yourself what you can do, and Unlearn what "they" have programmed you. Truth is, most older devices have been a lot better designed when it comes to longevity and durability. Todays tech is junk most of the time and doesn't last half of it. Look at it this way, One care less purchased over your live saves 25K, one less Mac saves 2,5K. Its that simple. When I travel to South America and other 3. World countries, I really got it down how they trick the system. A big part is to use many products a LOT longer and repair the hell out of it. That's what we in the West will have to learn, especially when our currency are going in the crapper.

Reactions: mrk123

mrk123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Its absolutely unbelievable how well those older MacBooks hold up. I am writing this on my trusty 2010 17' MBP. I have many great memories and this laptop guided me through thick and thin over 14 years now. Its truly stunning what the internet can do IF you are willing to learn and spent the time to postpone purchases.
I still have me trusty ole BMW e39 from 1996. Thanks to YouTube, I did learn any and every maintenance task possible on this car, so it runs super nice. It really pays off to build up know-how over time. Same with Apple devices. Don't underestimate yourself what you can do, and Unlearn what "they" have programmed you. Truth is, most older devices have been a lot better designed when it comes to longevity and durability. Todays tech is junk most of the time and doesn't last half of it. Look at it this way, One care less purchased over your live saves 25K, one less Mac saves 2,5K. Its that simple. When I travel to South America and other 3. World countries, I really got it down how they trick the system. A big part is to use many products a LOT longer and repair the hell out of it. That's what we in the West will have to learn, especially when our currency are going in the crapper.
Thanks. Yeah I make things last. But getting end of my tether now with this OS not installing. Spent hours on this. Getting nowhere. It’s ridiculous.

mrk123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Are you still getting the chance to install Lion?
Yeah it’s loading up now. 5 mins left.
I formatted the drive to HFS journaled.
I need high Sierra tho.
Once lion is installed how do I get high Sierra or Mojave.

mrk123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
🤮
How do I get High Sierra or Mojave from here.

Attachments

• DE89FFE7-C932-41B4-BA92-DDA5436CA4AE.jpeg
    DE89FFE7-C932-41B4-BA92-DDA5436CA4AE.jpeg
    538.1 KB · Views: 32

mrk123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Thanks.
What do you think?
HIGH SIERRA or MOJAVE

mrk123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
I will then try add Mojave.
Thoigh to be fair High Sierra seemed to do me well.

mrk123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Lion 10.7.5.
I press software update and it loads up and says it’s up to date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.