Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CreepyAF

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2018
Behind you
I have the kanto tuks which have amazing sound and look nice.

Drawbacks are the sound increments are spaced too far apart - it goes from quiet to loud in just a couple clicks.
And they’re almost too big for a desk. My desk happens to be oversized so it’s fine, but the smaller kefs might be more suitable for some.

MRxROBOT

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2016
01000011 01000001
My setup is overkill and comical. I have a Samsung Q600B with rears connected at my desk. I didn’t purchase it for this but when I upgraded our home theater setup to a Q990C, I looked at the resale of the old system and decided Id rather just have an awesome but overkill system at my desk 😁. The nice thing is that it actually fits perfectly under my monitors.

tstafford

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2022
I have the kanto tuks which have amazing sound and look nice.

Drawbacks are the sound increments are spaced too far apart - it goes from quiet to loud in just a couple clicks.
And they’re almost too big for a desk. My desk happens to be oversized so it’s fine, but the smaller kefs might be more suitable for some.
I have the Kanto Yu2 and the 6" sub. I love them. The sound is incredible given the size of the speakers. The sub is a must however.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68000
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
I keep on using my Harman Kardon SoundSticks III that plug into the earphone jack and are more than 10 years old.

IMG_6582.jpeg

reig3

macrumors member
May 30, 2017
Are these the speakers you have? If so how do they sound?

Yes that is what I am using. I think they sound pretty good. I used them on my iMac and moved them to this Studio instead of replacing them as I was happy with the sound.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Paired stereo HomePod speakers - I've had them since they were first introduced in Feb 2018. They still sound great.

I'm somewhat surprised that so few others here have HomePods!

justmadeupname

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2022
Paired stereo HomePod speakers - I've had them since they were first introduced in Feb 2018. They still sound great.

Is your internet connection good and reliable?

Some users have reported lag in the beginning of Youtube videos, have you noticed this?

Others have reported for example with their Mac Studio, MacOS defaulting to the Apple Studio Display speakers in-built speakers instead of the HomePods for no apparent reason and having to reset often throwout the day.

I presume system sounds eg for new mail work well and with no lag?

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
I have a completely separate sound system in my office with a streamer, CD, and record player. The speakers are the Revel Concerta2 M16. Way overkill.

iGeek2019

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2019
No Selection

I had a pair of the OG HomePods but had to sell them for personal reasons.

Was lucky enough to win a significant amount of gift cards with an electrical retailer here in the UK so treated myself to a second gen. alongside my Mac Studio.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.