Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apocalyarts

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2015
Aah there it is. GM was yesterday I think, so that was quick.

I don’t know when they will announce the iPads exactly, but I am sure they won’t go on sale this Friday. But so far it seems to like Apple is in its announce week with one piece dropping every day. So yesterday the new airs, today iOS and tomorrow, let’s see …

RLRabb

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2011
They will both be OLED, but not the same panel. From the rumors, the 11" will be LG, the 13" Samsung, and only the LG will be dual-stack (alledgedly the better tech), but apparently the 13" will be thinner as a result.
The rumor I saw on this site says the opposite, that LG will focus on the larger Pro, Samsung the smaller. https://www.macrumors.com/2023/11/13/ipad-pro-oled-panel-production-in-2024/
Do you have a newer cite?

Last edited:

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
I'm guessing next week since the new OS is available this week. Perhaps so the new iPads can ship with the new OS.

Each week after will be another product announced on Mondays until month's end.
A recent Gurman tweet says the new iPad version of the OS won't be ready until the end of the month. So maybe announced next week and shipped two weeks later?

• Sad
Reactions: JayMysterio

apocalyarts

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2015
As the new iPads will be a substantial update I can very well imagine that they’ll do the announcements well in advance and then maybe have a preorder and they ship one week later. So preorder next week and release 22nd?

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
As the new iPads will be a substantial update I can very well imagine that they’ll do the announcements well in advance and then maybe have a preorder and they ship one week later. So preorder next week and release 22nd?
I agree since the iPads are sold by mobile carriers like AT&T I think Apple will make an announcement much more in advance to allow preorders on 3rd party sites

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
The rumor I saw on this site says the opposite, that LG will focus on the larger Pro, Samsung the smaller. https://www.macrumors.com/2023/11/13/ipad-pro-oled-panel-production-in-2024/
Do you have a newer cite?
No, you are right, I mixed those two up. This probably also invalidates my speculation about the cause of the difference in reduction in thickness.

RichHI

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2018
Princeville, HI
Could be wrong but I doubt it will be Wednesday as the news will be all about Super Tuesday results. Maybe Friday or Monday? I have fingers crossed there is no island on iPad pro or if I will have to buy the air or current pro to avoid it.

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
Could be wrong but I doubt it will be Wednesday as the news will be all about Super Tuesday results. Maybe Friday or Monday? I have fingers crossed there is no island on iPad pro or if I will have to buy the air or current pro to avoid it.
I think it will be next week now. Hopefully Monday with orders available right away and delivery a few days/week later.

Reactions: jazz1

iPadified

macrumors 68000
Apr 25, 2017
I am not from USA: Is Apple devices normally reaching normal news stream in the USA? We see it rarely in Europe and only the iPhone gets attention.

nj-morris

macrumors 68000
Nov 30, 2014
UK
I am not from USA: Is Apple devices normally reaching normal news stream in the USA? We see it rarely in Europe and only the iPhone gets attention.
Not sure about news media but on social media definitely. I've been following politics a lot more than tech over the past few years and I usually see a post or two when they release a new iPhone or iPad.

Reactions: iPadified

gusping

macrumors 68000
Mar 12, 2012
annoucement next week but release a week later puts it at march 22nd
Or… announcement on Mon 18th and released on Fri 29th. Or, the software is updated on the iPads at the end of the month and they therefore won’t be released until April. Hopefully not!

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Or… announcement on Mon 18th and released on Fri 29th. Or, the software is updated on the iPads at the end of the month and they therefore won’t be released until April. Hopefully not!
Maybe an announcement next week and release on the 29th. I recall my M1 iPad Pro was announced on April 30th, but released May 21st.

Heck, I’d rather Apple go ahead and release now (I’ve been ready since the beginning of the year)… Debating whether to downgrade to 512GB, but that depends on how Apple do the storage/RAM configurations. And what new features are added to the iPads.

If OLED and M3 is the only marketing tactic… I might hold off because I don’t do that much video calling to upgrade for that landscape camera change.

Last edited:

erikkfi

macrumors 68000
May 19, 2017
Maybe an announcement next week and release on the 29th. I recall my M1 iPad Pro was announced on April 30th, but released May 21st.
Actually it was longer even than that. Unveiled on April 20th, with orders starting on April 30th, and not shipping until the second half of May. So basically four weeks from announcement to arrival.

With that in mind, it can happen any time. An announcement this week would've even fit.

Reactions: Ludatyk

toffa813

macrumors regular
May 10, 2007
ATX
I’m definitely buying one and have an international trip on the 28th so hoping it comes out before then. But knowing my luck, it’ll be after -_-

Fraserpatty

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2015
I’m just hoping that the rumors are not true about the iPad mini. Not releasing until fall. I need an iPad mini now.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I’m definitely buying one and have an international trip on the 28th so hoping it comes out before then. But knowing my luck, it’ll be after -_-
In the same boat here. I've got some short trips coming up. I talked to Apple, and if you choose to deliver your order to a local Apple Store they only hold it for 7 days once it arrives in the store. If you miss the window for pick-up God only knows when you see the refund, or if you can re-order with credit given???

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
In the same boat here. I've got some short trips coming up. I talked to Apple, and if you choose to deliver your order to a local Apple Store they only hold it for 7 days once it arrives in the store. If you miss the window for pick-up God only knows when you see the refund, or if you can re-order with credit given???
You can set up an account with both FedEx and UPS. When you receive notice that your package is on the way you can alter the delivery to hold for pickup at their location. The accounts are free as far as I know.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
You can set up an account with both FedEx and UPS. When you receive notice that your package is on the way you can alter the delivery to hold for pickup at their location. The accounts are free as far as I know.
How long do they hold an item I wonder. I did use FEDEX hold at a Walgreen Pharmacy location once.....the $900.00 headphones disappeared....so I guess I would use a FEDEX store to hold the goodies! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.