Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Texas26257

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 22, 2016
Att said 2 weeks but online chat guy seemed to not even know one was released so seemed like a vague answer

Reactions: jbachandouris

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
I chatted with att i was told the 10th.
Even thought the newroom says today

badepaz89

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2021
AT&T Newsroom says we can preorder on Wednesday May 8. t-mobile was May 10 Friday. Verizon didn’t say.

I would guess there’s some kind of regulatory or licensing thing for the carriers. That’s why AT&T is today but T-Mobile is Friday - maybe.

badepaz89

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2021
I chatted with att i was told the 10th.
Even thought the newroom says today
I never trust what the phone center staff says (although, in this case it would make sense if it were the 10th because that would line up with T-Mobile) . They don’t really have any detailed knowledge. They’re told to say something or they’re just reading the newsroom or they go and ask their supervisor who also doesn’t really know much about the decisions from the upper level of the company. I work for a large international company. The people who answer phones and respond to emails…they don’t have any concrete knowledge of what’s going on in the product development area of the company. They just answer as they were told to answer. And if something changes, a release date moves - they don’t know about it. It’s the nature of big companies with a lot of layers.

Reactions: Matcha

badepaz89

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2021
Yep. They just updated their newsroom. It’s may 10 now for the special deals. But you can order right now.

badepaz89

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2021
I give up. I don’t know. Here’s their newsroom. i went to their website but it’s still updating. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what’s going to happen with them. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_0259.jpeg
    IMG_0259.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 25

badepaz89

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2021
I just went to the AT&T chat, just for the fun of it, and asked when pre-orders start. After a five minute pause - where he was most likely furiously typing away on Microsoft Teams trying to find someone who knew the answer - he responded that it’s “tomorrow” Thursday. And this was on the Sales department chat! This is what I mean about phone and chat staff…they don’t really have any personal knowledge of the company's plans; they just answer the phone and have some kind of guide with answers to common questions and training of how to use the website. So even his answer that it’s “tomorrow”…I take that with a grain of salt. It’s not their fault, necessarily, it’s just the way large companies work. Disappointing, but expected.

Reactions: Matcha

Matcha

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2021
I just went to the AT&T chat, just for the fun of it, and asked when pre-orders start. After a five minute pause - where he was most likely furiously typing away on Microsoft Teams trying to find someone who knew the answer - he responded that it’s “tomorrow” Thursday. And this was on the Sales department chat! This is what I mean about phone and chat staff…they don’t really have any personal knowledge of the company's plans; they just answer the phone and have some kind of guide with answers to common questions and training of how to use the website. So even his answer that it’s “tomorrow”…I take that with a grain of salt. It’s not their fault, necessarily, it’s just the way large companies work. Disappointing, but expected.
right! I see exactly what you mean, well at least your chat person tried, mine tried to sell me an iphone 15 for 4 minutes.

Reactions: badepaz89

badepaz89

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2021
lol. And now it’s available for order. Options were limited. They only offered 1TB and 2TB with nano texture. That’s what I wanted, but still…very limited.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.