Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qhillihp

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2020
Hi, so does anybody know why is Arctic Fox loading YouTube as a mobile website? It's really annoying, and it will load only a couple of videos on the home page. Thanks!
I had the same issue, but then fixed it. Click on your Youtube user photo/letter and select 'Desktop site' from the options. After that Arctic Fox will remember the option. Much better! You have to be logged in to Youtube to change this perhaps.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Opera sill works in my spare MacBook air. the only productive task i tried doing was posting a photo on flickr which worked. I could not use iCloud or safari unless the apple was launched.

mikinct2

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2016
I still use SL every day, my 2007 macbook is still my main computer not for compatibility more for reliability, but going to try Arctic Fox as beginining to find browser incompatibilities now due to lack of support. I also have a 2010 macmini 2.67 core 2 duo 8 gb of ram, alright still outdated but running High Sierra, but I get the spinning beach ball for 10 minutes everytime I open itunes and half my artwork is missing. So annoying! Snow Leopard on the other hand is solid as a rock everytime! Considering downgrading the mac mini back to SL. I don't care too much for fancy features. I just need a computer that works reliably everytime. Snow Leopard does High Sierra does not!

I noticed that as well. I have a 2010 & 2012 MacBook Pro &
I kept upgraded the OS to realize I suddenly get beachballs doing basic things that never got with original OS laptop came with.

I wiped hard drive clean & fresh reinstall of Snow Leopard.
OS is so fast at everyday tasks, No beachballs:

Just imagine running Snow Leopard on a 2021 Mac Pro?

The performance would be out of this world!

Sure, if you didn’t need to edit 4K, 8k or 12k Video etc.
Wow

Each updated or newer OS on a MacBook Pro generally slows it down or you need faster SSDs & bump up the Ram memory.

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
i use an old opera version that uploads and lets me sign into various website
I can provide more info if anyone needs that

Snowlover

macrumors 6502
Nov 28, 2018
Alpine , CA
Hello everyone, in your opinion what’s the best browser to use on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard? I know its outdated and not many browsers support it, however I’m being “forced” to downgrade because my university uses a proprietary PowerPC based app for brain imaging and because of that I need rosetta. I’m using a 2009 MacBook Pro with 8 GB of RAM and an SSD. I’m currently using El Capitan, but having to switch between the two OSs one for general use (El Cap) and the other (SL) just for that specific app makes no sense and since my SSD is only 128 GB I’ve decided to downgrade completely. Plus my MBP came with Snow Leopard and it runs like a champ. I will however eventually upgrade to Sierra, but as for now I think I’m going to go with SL. Does anyone else still uses SL because of app compatibility?

Thank you :)
My favorite browser for Snow Leopard is InterWeb.
It was just updated 2/17/2021, supports add-ons such as ublock origin , no-script etc., and really flies with foxpep added.

I still use Snow Leopard because I really like how simple and efficient it is. With InterWeb I can now can do everything I need to do on it. I don't use icloud, I don't have any i devices to sync/connect. Photoshop cs6, handbrake, audacity, all work better for me on Snl than later releases, not to mention disk utility!

Last edited:

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
I would be interested to know which version you use :cool:
let me give you an exact version- do you need this program?
1623157310416.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Aii and Johnny1068

Johnny1068

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2020
Oh it's version 25.. I already have that and last time I tried it was horribly slow... :p But thanks anyway!

MBAir2010

macrumors 603
May 30, 2018
there
Oh it's version 25.. I already have that and last time I tried it was horribly slow... :p But thanks anyway!
i realized that was slow Tuesday.
i think one needs more than internet 25K speeds because that was faster on my old internet set up last year.

vorob

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2011
It's such a pain. On OSX Lion i had chromium, but on 10.6 i'm limited with ancient firefox fork. For example interweb i'm using, i can't set google as search engine. And no idea how to disable smooth scrolling.

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2022-09-01 в 3.17.13.png
    Снимок экрана 2022-09-01 в 3.17.13.png
    374.6 KB · Views: 107

wicknix

macrumors 68030
Jun 4, 2017
Wisconsin, USA
The pale moon devs semi recently blocked downloads of their extensions from foreign browsers. You'll have to find it elsewhere. Otherwise use duckduckgo's bang feature. To search using google just type: !g search-term to get google results, and !b for bing, etc.

You can disable smooth scrolling from about:config.
general.smoothScroll.mouseWheel should be false.

Cheers

Maybe check this out also for chrome on 10.6. https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...old-macs.2283084/?post=29569597#post-29569597

Last edited:
Reactions: Aii
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.