Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which Camera Brand Do You Prefer?

• Leica

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Nikon

Votes: 56 30.1%
  • Canon

Votes: 88 47.3%
  • Olympus

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Panasonic

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Pentax

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Fuji

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • Richoh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kodak

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Samsung

• Sony

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Konica Minolta

• Vivitar

• Polaroid

• Camera Phone Only

• Screw Photography, I draw my images

• Other

• Total voters

Kingsly

macrumors 68040
Canon%20Logo.jpg

all the way!

failsafe1

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2003
Used a lot of different cameras, started with Fuji ST 605 way back in the 70's moved to Nikon, Canon, back to Nikon and now use both Canon and Nikon. Nikon at my day job and Canon for my personal work. I prefer the AF system on the Canon EOS body and the smaller multiplication factor of 1.3 vs 1.5 compared to Nikon. If I could swing it it would be full frame cameras all the way at least the 5D if not the full frame EOS 1 bodies. Tried to get my boss to switch systems but we did not have the capital budget. Both are good. Both can provide a good living or a great hobby. Nikon does offer some advantage with ultra wide fixed and zoom lenses because of the lack of full frame sensors. This is not enough of an advantage to me to want to stick with them. I shoot stuff that needs to be full bleed 8.75 by 11.25 at 300 dpi and now to do that I have to interpolate the images with a Fred Miranda plug in or Genuine Fractals. The 5D would be a nice entry level camera to solve that problem.

milozauckerman

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
Today, I preferred a Polaroid 110a - almost as old as my grandfather, but converted to take modern packfilm. Finished off a roll apiece in the Leica M7 and her backup, the Bessa R2A.

Tomorrow, I suspect I'll warm to the old Crown Graphic for a little while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.