Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Tempted to try this thing...

Reactions: Hooterville

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Was perusing Walmart...I know, I know....and came across this case in their locked cabinet, but they only had it for 11 Pro.

Anyone have any experience with this case? Looks to be rare in the states.

Wanted to give a quick update on the OB Clearly Protected Skin. I would not consider it a skin; it is as thick as most clear cases, but much thinner than, say, the Clear OB Symmetry. I have to carry two phones and prefer different colors and textures for the cases on each phone, so I can easily grab the one I need. I have an XR (work) and 11 Pro Max. Would love to use an OEM case on both, but they are close enough in size that I have often grabbed the wrong phone.

Anyway, had been using a Ringke Air for the XR. The OB Clearly Protected (OB-CP) is virtually identical in size, BUT the OB has the BEST grip I have ever felt on a clear case. It is really amazing. I also prefer the cut-outs on the OB-CP over the Ringke. The buttons are also great.

Now for the negatives (that probably win)... it is very flexible and pulls away from the phone very easily. The phone won’t fall out of the case, but it’s like a saggy bottom all over. In full disclosure, I do have a skin on the back of my phone, to make the glossy back, matte. It might fit a little better without the skin.

Further, the case I purchased is for an iPhone 11. On dark cases, like my OEM black silicone case (that i used for my XR), I didn’t mind the larger camera cut-out, but it really bugs me with a clear case. So, not sure if I will try to find one for an XR or just stick with the Ringke (I despise the lanyard holes on the Ringke).

Bottom line: can’t fully recommend the Otterbox Clearly Protected case.

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
You are reading my mind. These two case returns are going towards the red Symmetry case. Hope Amazon don’t ban me with all these returns.

Man it had to be done. In years past, I would buy all these cases and never send any back. It's a terrible habit man for sure. This time around trying to just keep a few. I still probably have too many but not as much as previous years. The deed is done, ordered the black OB Symmetry from Amazon. Should be here on Sunday.
[automerge]1578111148[/automerge]
Might go with the yellow Symmetry for the buttons. The yellow & black is ?
Here is my S10 Plus black Symmetry with the yellow buttons.

View attachment 886552 View attachment 886553

Dude how did you get those yellow buttons? Did you have to buy a yellow case as well? Never realized the buttons can be swapped. That is sick! Now I am going to want that but don't want to buy another case lol!

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
Man it had to be done. In years past, I would buy all these cases and never send any back. It's a terrible habit man for sure. This time around trying to just keep a few. I still probably have too many but not as much as previous years. The deed is done, ordered the black OB Symmetry from Amazon. Should be here on Sunday.

Dude how did you get those yellow buttons? Did you have to buy a yellow case as well? Never realized the buttons can be swapped. That is sick! Now I am going to want that but don't want to buy another case lol!

What a Sunday delivery? would never happen here lol. Yep you have to buy 2 cases for extra buttons, you’d think if they are changeable they would sell them separately.

Reactions: VaderRulez

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Oh, I remember you posted this on XDA (felloffthetruck). You still have the S10+? I'm using both S10+ and 11 Pro Max. Too many cases combined ?

Unfortunately I sold my S10+ 1TB Ceramic black phone and purchased the Note 10+ ?

Wish I had never parted with that S10+ as it was one sweet phone.
[automerge]1578147725[/automerge]
What a Sunday delivery? would never happen here lol. Yep you have to buy 2 cases for extra buttons, you’d think if they are changeable they would sell them separately.

Sunday delivery only available in the "High Rent" district. Out here in the woods fuhgeddaboudit :rolleyes:
[automerge]1578147844[/automerge]

With Otterbox you will need to purchase separate cases if want to change button colors. I even called and ask about purchasing the different color buttons and they told me no way.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Unfortunately I sold my S10+ 1TB Ceramic black phone and purchased the Note 10+ ?

Wish I had never parted with that S10+ as it was one sweet phone.
[automerge]1578147725[/automerge]

Sunday delivery only available in the "High Rent" district. Out here in the woods fuhgeddaboudit :rolleyes:
[automerge]1578147844[/automerge]

With Otterbox you will need to purchase separate cases if want to change button colors. I even called and ask about purchasing the different color buttons and they told me no way.
High rent district... that’s interesting.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Do I go for red or yellow buttons on my 11 Pro Max Symmetry?

The Vader was pretty hot with the red buttons which I swapped into my plain black case.

I think the yellow and black might be better though ?

vad02.jpg
vad05.jpg
red01.jpg
red02.jpg

Reactions: nrvous1

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Reactions: Mel8899

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019

Yeah they started doing it at least a few years ago here. Not that I care, it is just part of Prime two day shipping. Bummer about the extra case to buy. Maybe I can find another one on the cheap at some point. You would think they would sell them separately. Kind of like Rhinoshield does.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Back in the MagPul replica as my Apple leather case is outside sunbathing. @Tdosthp ?

The MagPul is a bit thicker than the Apple leather cases I’m used to. Buttons are so damn nice though.

I'm back in the Dbrand grip for the weekend. The only faults I have with the Dbrand grip are the mushy buttons and incorrect port cutouts. Otherwise the Dbrand grip is a pretty decent case.
[automerge]1578168014[/automerge]
All this talk, makes me want to grab a symmetry. Darn you all

Please don't blame it on me, I take no responsibility :oops:

VaderRulez

macrumors 65816
Dec 2, 2019
I'm back in the Dbrand grip for the weekend. The only faults I have with the Dbrand grip are the mushy buttons and incorrect port cutouts. Otherwise the Dbrand grip is a pretty decent case.
[automerge]1578168014[/automerge]

Please don't blame it on me, I take no responsibility :oops:

Agreed the dBrand grip is not a half bad case.

bobsamm

Suspended
Oct 6, 2019
My heart goes out to you Aussies. Broke my heart seeing the firefighter that passed and the animals as well. Wish there was something I could do to help. Fellow first responder here and it’s tough seeing natural disasters wreak havoc.

Thanks, it's bad, we had it here in November and was told to evacuate, i am on the coast and lucky it didn't get this far, but now its South Coast NSW and 100 times worse, about 10hr drive from me. 500 houses gone, military evacuations by ships/aircraft, 1000's people sleeping on beaches to get away from the fire. It's a major holiday area, power/phones down, if you didn't have cash you couldn't get fuel to leave, no food/water.
They have sent 3,000 army reserves to help now.
Think about 20 dead now and more missing. Thousands of animals gone.
And this is suppose to be our wet season.

Thats just one area also in Victoria and South Australia too.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
here is my iphone case set up

i have the iPhone 11 Case Co-Goldguard Heavy Duty Armor Rugged case for my phone with build in screen Protector

Attachments

• IMG_20200104_152149.jpg
    IMG_20200104_152149.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20200104_152127.jpg
    IMG_20200104_152127.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 123
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.