Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Geez I’ve been watching videos and looking at pics of the aged red Apple leather case and I’m really liking how “ugly” the red case looks over time. Decisions decisions!!!! I swear, these cases are a blessing and a curse.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Geez I’ve been watching videos and looking at pics of the aged red Apple leather case and I’m really liking how “ugly” the red case looks over time. Decisions decisions!!!! I swear, these cases are a blessing and a curse.

I know what you mean, now I want a leather case.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
I know what you mean, now I want a leather case.
I have until 01/27 to return the red leather case. ? I’m not sure I want to return it now or use it.

Edit: Well, I’m going to go against the norm which is to avoid the red leather case and start using it. Hopefully I’ll have it on for a few days at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mel8899

forestinjersey

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2013
How does the OB Symmetry compare in size to the Mous Contour? Has anyone had both?

I have both, the buttons on the Mous are pretty rubbish, to much travel and spongy, the case is also heavier than the OB Sym. I'd save a few bucks and get the OB for sure.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Ordered a OtterBox SYMMETRY SERIES Case for iPhone 11 Pro Max, Feeling Rusty look for a change. It was only $36.71 on Amazon. I always get black so the rusty look should be totally different to me. Same day delivery also! I’ll give it a try since I do love the feel of the Defender Pro even with the extra bulkiness.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Ordered a OtterBox SYMMETRY SERIES Case for iPhone 11 Pro Max, Feeling Rusty look for a change. It was only $36.71 on Amazon. I always get black so the rusty look should be totally different to me. Same day delivery also! I’ll give it a try since I do love the feel of the Defender Pro even with the extra bulkiness.

Feeling Rusty Symmetry pictures courtesy of Tarah Sorber

rusty01.jpg
rusty02.jpg

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
Does anyone know if you have to send back old OB when you do warranty claim? Mine is peeling and waiting for replacement. Didn’t say if I had to return or not.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Does anyone know if you have to send back old OB when you do warranty claim? Mine is peeling and waiting for replacement. Didn’t say if I had to return or not.
You just have to fill out the replacement/claim form on their website or use the “contact us” link. They sent me a replacement defender pro no questions asked.

Mel8899

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2017
You just have to fill out the replacement/claim form on their website or use the “contact us” link. They sent me a replacement defender pro no questions asked.

I did that but wasn’t sure if I had to send old one back when I got new one.

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
And I was wondering how the OB Symmetry compares to the OB Commuter? Anyone tried these two?

IMO, the silicone OB the Commuter becomes loose because of the two piece design. It’s also thicker and more squared off than the Symmetry.

Bought one when the 11 series came out and sent it back. It will probably give a little more protection, but wasn’t worth the bulk or feel, to me.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
And I was wondering how the OB Symmetry compares to the OB Commuter? Anyone tried these two?
I have.

The commuter is a bit more bulky, but the rubber interior of the case is much softer. It has a bigger lip that protects the front screen which still isn’t a problem on the symmetry. The buttons are tougher to press on the commuter. It’s a great case although, the top and corners of the commuter are a bit to loose fitting for me. I can see the corners and top portions of the case where the hard plastic shell isn’t covering getting worn and floppy/loose over time in the commuter.

Reactions: AVBeatMan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.