Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Getting ready for Iran, guess I'm going to need the Defender.

View attachment 887419
Nice!! Tested the Taurus g2c .40 today in field training. This thing is snappy and fires well. So far, 1000 rounds in and no squib loads. Not bad for a $200 pistol.

Edit: I haven’t even tried on the new replacement defender pro OB sent me ?

Last edited:

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
Here are the pics man. I’m probably going to return it now.
[automerge]1578450735[/automerge]

My black symmetry sides were super grippy and the otterbox imprinted branding on the back was also glossy. The buttons are a dead give away as well as the fit. I think you probably have a solid symmetry. Mine on the other hand more than likely is possibly a replica.

Thanks bro!!

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Off-duty, the g2c stays on me at all times.

Glock 43 single stack is my baby.
Colt bringing back the 357 Magnum Python for 2020 ?

Going to need that orange carbon fiber skin for my Dbrand Grip case to match these babies.

orange01.jpg
orange02.jpg

Last edited:

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Glock 43 single stack is my baby.
Colt bringing back the 357 Magnum Python for 2020 ?

Going to need that orange carbon fiber skin for my Dbrand Grip case to match these babies.

View attachment 887422 View attachment 887423
Nice!!!! I’m not to much into knives. The only one I edc is my ka-bar as a last resort if I’m hands on and someone is reaching for my weapon. By that time, hopefully I won’t be in bad shape.

Hooterville

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2012
Just received, from Amazon while on-sale, a black OB Symmetry for 11 Pro Max. Not 100% sure it’s not a fake. The rubber sides are much more slippery than the one I have for 11 Pro and XR. Just noticed it was from a seller and FULFILLED by Amazon.

Can anyone attest to the black Symmetry’s rubber being a little slick?

When I got the Symmetry for my old 11 Pro, I sent Otterbox a comment complimenting them on the grip of the rubber, this generation. This case is far from that.

Further, the Otterbox logo on the back looks a little too glossy?

Edited to add...the buttons are the high quality that we expect from the Symmetry.

Any help on the smoothness of your Symmetry?

Symmetry rubber is not slippery at all. When ever buying an Otterbox case from Amazon always make sure it's shipped & sold by Amazon. FBA and it's more than likely a fake that a seller has shipped into Amazon as real.

DonnyXMX

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Garden State
Symmetry rubber is not slippery at all. When ever buying an Otterbox case from Amazon always make sure it's shipped & sold by Amazon. FBA and it's more than likely a fake that a seller has shipped into Amazon as real.

Agreed! I usually buy right from Otterbox but this last time when I got the “Feeling Rusty” from Amazon I made sure it said “Ship from and sold by Amazon.com”. The rubber has soft and grippy feeling just like the Defender Pro series which by far is their best case, very bulky but feel so good in the hand! The rubber is soft and pliable, just a beautiful feel to it. Not the regular Defender but the “Pro” series.

Reactions: nrvous1

nrvous1

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Agreed! I usually buy right from Otterbox but this last time when I got the “Feeling Rusty” from Amazon I made sure it said “Ship from and sold by Amazon.com”. The rubber has soft and grippy feeling just like the Defender Pro series which by far is their best case, very bulky but feel so good in the hand! The rubber is soft and pliable, just a beautiful feel to it. Not the regular Defender but the “Pro” series.
Man you’re making me want to switch back to the defender pro.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Walmart always runs great deals on the pro. Its a tank

Motionblurrr

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2008
Wow Apple's customer service is just as good as Otterbox! My black Apple leather case seemed to be developing a "bubbling" or "warping" around the volume rocker/mute switch. I never got this case wet and I was going to let it slide but it was starting to look ugly.. I used the Apple support app and talked to a rep and they gave me three options: Go back to Best Buy (with receipt), go to the Apple store or they'd send out a replacement. Went to my local Apple store today and boom! They swapped it on the spot. So now I'm on a brand new slippery leather case.

Reactions: nrvous1 and AE14
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.